Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side door will not lock by touching the raised sensors on the door. The remote is always on me, same place as it's been for the last year, same purse, same pocket. It's driving me crazy! I never take the sensor out of my purse, since there is no key I don't need to. I know this seems insignificant, but it's irritating the hell out of me that it's on there and it stopped working. Any quick fix in settings I can do?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
My drivers side door will not lock by touching the raised sensors on the door. The remote is always on me, same place as it's been for the last year, same purse, same pocket. It's driving me crazy! I never take the sensor out of my purse, since there is no key I don't need to. I know this seems insignificant, but it's irritating the hell out of me that it's on there and it stopped working. Any quick fix in settings I can do?
Does the lock sensor work on the passenger side?

I ask because if so.. then it is probably a defect in the sensor and would need to be replaced (hopefully you are still under warranty). It also could be as simple as a bad connection that finally let go.

If the passenger side does not work either.. my first suspect would be the battery in your keyfob (though I would expect the vehicle to let you know this... but maybe it's not quite weak enough to trigger an alert yet) .... and failing that.. then there might be a system issue somewhere in the vehicle.. in which case I would look up in the manual to see if there is a way to turn that feature off (I'm honestly not sure as I have never cross that bridge). If so.. I would cycle it off then back on and see if that settles the issue. Sometimes some system setting simply gets glitched somehow.

Failing all of the above.... I'm out of ideas to help you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the lock sensor work on the passenger side?

I ask because if so.. then it is probably a defect in the sensor and would need to be replaced (hopefully you are still under warranty). It also could be as simple as a bad connection that finally let go.

If the passenger side does not work either.. my first suspect would be the battery in your keyfob (though I would expect the vehicle to let you know this... but maybe it's not quite weak enough to trigger an alert yet) .... and failing that.. then there might be a system issue somewhere in the vehicle.. in which case I would look up in the manual to see if there is a way to turn that feature off (I'm honestly not sure as I have never cross that bridge). If so.. I would cycle it off then back on and see if that settles the issue. Sometimes some system setting simply gets glitched somehow.

Failing all of the above.... I'm out of ideas to help you.
Yes, it works on the passenger side! I can unlock it from the drivers side, but can't lock it.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
Yes, it works on the passenger side! I can unlock it from the drivers side, but can't lock it.
Sounds like a malfunctioning sensor on the driver door then. The door has two sensors.. one is the handle for unlock, and the other is the small detent button surface on the top right of the handle for locking. Going to need the dealer to address this I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts