Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to install LC7i and 4 Channel Amp to power my new speakers. I removed all instrument panel to find the amp, but then I realized speakers in the car are powered by headunit (That's why they sound really bad). I pulled out the head unit and see the wiring. Unless there's some kind of adapter between headunit and output, I will have to cut the wiring harness to get signal for my LOC. I can tap front speaker for full range, but then there's no point to use LC7i, I can just use LC2i.

So my question is, is there some kind of adapter for CR-V between head unit and stock harness just to get speaker wires?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Scino,
I had a similar question and posted awhile back in this mobile electronics area. In my case, I'm looking just to pick up a signal for a powered sub. I consulted Crutchfield, but it sounds like the car is too new still to have much aftermarket going for it yet. All they could suggest was using something like this to avoid cutting into the factory harness. I still have no info on the pinouts/wiring schematic, etc.

Sounds like you are definitely further into it than I am at this point, as I haven't tried looking back there yet. Interested to hear what you are able to figure out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scino,
I had a similar question and posted awhile back in this mobile electronics area. In my case, I'm looking just to pick up a signal for a powered sub. I consulted Crutchfield, but it sounds like the car is too new still to have much aftermarket going for it yet. All they could suggest was using something like this to avoid cutting into the factory harness. I still have no info on the pinouts/wiring schematic, etc.

Sounds like you are definitely further into it than I am at this point, as I haven't tried looking back there yet. Interested to hear what you are able to figure out.
That's just like cutting wires since it's really not the worst part if I want to reverse. I'll update once I get my system installed. I'm still waiting for LC7i.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts