Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girlfriend had her 2017 CR-V in for regular service today; they recommended the GDI service be done, at a cost of $399.

Is this necessary? My ex wife had a 201 Kia Optima with GDI, it had over 150K on it when she smoked a deer and totaled it; it had never had any kind of service done to the fuel system.

Just trying to figure out if it needs done in the future, or someone trying to up-sell.........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look on page 545 of the owner’s manual. No mention of GDI service. My dealer tried to up sell me on fuel injector cleaning. I didn’t do it, but my injectors failed and costed me quite a bit. Their up sell would have warrantied the injectors but I’d have to continue every other oil change to maintain that warranty. Think it was $79.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,624 Posts
Top tier fuel, and a properly working powertrain = never having an issue with fuel injection or combustion until well past 100K miles.

Actual electro/mechanical failures.... totally different issue and discussion though. And Honda owners with 2017s are reporting some issues with bad injectors 3 years in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts