Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hit a blown tire on the interstate and tore the “lower engine cover” off. Everything else is intact.

Would someone mind taking a photo of theirs and the fastening hardware?

It appears the clips allow a threaded bolt around the perimeter, but the Honda diagram lists it as a pin. See item 19 on photos below. Also, I am unsure what bolts I need for the front two threaded holes on the cover. Is it item 12 or 13 (or one of each) from the diagram below?

Lower engine cover

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
89 Posts
We hit a blown tire on the interstate and tore the “lower engine cover” off. Everything else is intact.

It appears the clips allow a threaded bolt around the perimeter, but the Honda diagram lists it as a pin. See item 19 on photos below. Also, I am unsure what bolts I need for the front two threaded holes on the cover. Is it item 12 or 13 (or one of each) from the diagram below?

Lower engine cover

Thanks in advance,
Mike
i took mine off once and never replaced it....PITA,,around town it doesnt influence streamlining,,,to each his own..

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,578 Posts

Lower engine cover

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Part #19 is a pin (of sorts), they are 1/2 turn fasteners that lock into the clips (#18) which are on the plastic portion of the cover. Part #12 are the correct 3 bolts for the metal cover. You might want to also pick up a few of the clips #18 just in case some were damaged.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part #19 is a pin (of sorts), they are 1/2 turn fasteners that lock into the clips (#18) which are on the plastic portion of the cover. Part #12 are the correct 3 bolts for the metal cover. You might want to also pick up a few of the clips #18 just in case some were damaged.
I appreciate the info, that’s what I needed to know. Now to find the best place to buy.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I expect this cover would not be there if it wasn't needed, so I'd definitely put it back on there. Sounds like you already have it anyway. Not having it could result in lost warranty coverage for a future issue that it would have prevented (which would be Honda's decision, not yours). That said, I hate Honda's insistence on using these oddball fasteners. Such a pain in the you know what.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts