Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 2017 Honda CR V. After sitting for a few days my car failed to start up. Thought it might be a battery issue but couldn't jump start it. After that thought it might be the starter but took it to a repair shop and they said the starter looks fine and that the car could be disprogrammed so I need to take it to the dealer. General lights/dashboard turn on but car doesn't click or start, tried multiple keys as well.

Has anyone had this happen before? Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do your brake lights work?

With all new cars, you must press the brake pedal to start the car.

But if your brake switch/sensor is faulty, then maybe your car doesn't recognize that you're pressing the brake pedal.

·
Registered
2020 CRV EX
10 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2017 Honda CR V. After sitting for a few days my car failed to start up. Thought it might be a battery issue but couldn't jump start it. After that thought it might be the starter but took it to a repair shop and they said the starter looks fine and that the car could be disprogrammed so I need to take it to the dealer. General lights/dashboard turn on but car doesn't click or start, tried multiple keys as well.

Has anyone had this happen before? Thanks.
Ever find out why it wouldn't start?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts