Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am approaching 60,000km on my (Canadian) Touring, which would be the end of my warranty. I've had the "fix" for the fuel dilution issue and shift knob replacement. Anything else I should try to get done? I have alerted my dealer to the following intermittent issues, but they have either refused to do anything without a video showing the problems, or the problems just keep recurring:
  • infotainment unit suddenly dims and becomes unresponsive (dealer says Honda is aware of the problem and everyone's waiting for a fix, but it may not be fixable)
  • heating still takes forever - engine temperature appears to rise then suddenly falls again (only started happening after fuel dilution fix)
  • tailgate chrome trim piece bubbles (have already had it replaced twice)
  • auto high beams don't seem to work, and dealer says they can't test them except to see if faulty codes pop up (ridiculous)
  • lane guidance and low-speed follow do not track as accurately as they did before the dealer replaced my windshield, even though they did a full calibration.
  • blind spot warnings come on even if nothing is there (happens in particular parts of the city only)
  • have to check the oil levels again this winter, since we're starting to smell fuel in the cabin again.
Any advice would be appreciated.

TRB

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
  • blind spot warnings come on even if nothing is there (happens in particular parts of the city only)
Any advice would be appreciated.

TRB
Nothing can be done about this issue.. as it is an evironmental trigger.

I have seen it in a few specific locations in my normal driving as well. In my case.. it consistently reacts when making a left turn at a particular intersection because it is detecting an alert signal on a pole on a center island at the intersection as I make the actual turn. The work around is at that intersection, I just don't turn on my turn signal.. so no beeping.. just the amber illumination on the mirror. :)

For the OD and cabin heating issue.. some Candadians have resorted to an engine block heater.. so that they always begin driving with a warm engine.. and have reported positive results... one actually recently here in the forum.

For the tailgate trim bubbling... can you be more specific... maybe post a picture. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is heat reflected from sunlight by some bulding glass, or some other thermal source, OR... a chemical of some sort. In which case.. the dealer is unlikely to agree to address that as it is considered a non-warranty damage issue. Clearly.. you have a somewhat unique repeat issue... because I have not previously seen that issue here on the forum.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Engine temp rises but goes down when you stop at traffic light or when you turn on the heat during winter of few minutes of driving which is normal but once the engine temp reaches its operating temp it won't go down anymore.

I usually put it in S mode since it's faster for the engine temp to rise then D mode

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts