Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As announced Wednesday by Honda Motor Company President and CEO Mr Takahiro Hachigo, 2017 Honda Accord and CR-V SUV, the best selling SUV in North America will come to market with a turbocharged engine option. Irregardless of the present unrealistically low pump price of unleaded gasoline, those in the know, Including the research guys at A.H.M.C., realize that when it comes to commodities, what goes down, must go back up to maintain the market momentum. And then there’s that C.A.R.B. target of sooner than later ZERO exhaust particulates emissions -- all pointing to a super low emissions, high to no fuel efficiency future.
http://www.torquenews.com/1574/american-honda-turbocharge-electrify-2017-accord-and-cr-v

·
Registered
783 Posts
Interesting. Small turbocharged engines seem to do better in EPA fuel economy testing than in the real-world, at least for some manufacturers. Maybe Honda will be an exception, but while these engines can help the manufacturer meet fuel economy goals, the consumer may not see the economy benefits and pays the price for more complexity and potentially compromised durability. Guess we'll see, but I'm happy I have a 2015.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice, boosted crv means you can tune it easily. :)

I've been owning modified vw/Audis for over 10 years. Never had a problem with the turbo blowing up.

Was always other stuff like oil consumption, broken intake manifolds and water pumps.

I am excited about this...

-cW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
They can keep the turbocharged engines. More expense and upkeep all the way around. Honda is just trying to cater to another crowd of buyers.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting. Small turbocharged engines seem to do better in EPA fuel economy testing than in the real-world, at least for some manufacturers. Maybe Honda will be an exception, but while these engines can help the manufacturer meet fuel economy goals, the consumer may not see the economy benefits and pays the price for more complexity and potentially compromised durability. Guess we'll see, but I'm happy I have a 2015.
Bingo. They allow manufacturers to install smaller engines to meet rising CAFE standards. They are now so common, a lots of the problems have been corrected. I have one in my BMW and Ford truck - both without any problems. I love the extra power when you need it.

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I purposely held off on buying a '15 because of the vibration issues and waited until the 16s reported in as mostly solid. So, I don't doubt it hurt sales some.

The RAV4 hybrid is fresh and seems to be selling well. My local dealer couldn't get enough of them to sell.

Sent from my note 4 using Tapatalk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts