Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen variants on this problem posted for older cars, but I have a new 2017 CR-V that is manifesting the same behavior:

I insert a (4Gb, FAT32 formatted) flash drive into the 2nd USB slot in the middle console (i.e. the USB slot that is not used for Android Auto, which I am using with my phone). I can play music from this flash drive through the interface. It sees the music on the flash drive no problem.

But the problem is that no matter what song/album I've chosen to play, when I turn off the car, then restart the car, it starts to play from the beginning of the flash drive again. Same song every time. It remembers nothing. And it drives me crazy.

Anyone else observing this on their 2017 CR-V? Any workarounds?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Mine picks up where it left off.
Thanks...Then this must be another manifestation of what has been seen in other models and previous years, where some flash drives work fine, and some don't...for mysterious reasons. I guess I'll try reformatting and reloading the drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 32G flash drive with about 15G of music on it. It has about 220 folders with about 6,000 songs within them. I do not think I ever heard a different song then the one that was last on when I turn off the vehicle. I have the 2017 CR-V touring model with the touch display system. The flash drive was formatted to FAT32 since NTFS was not even recognized by my car. I do have a major complaint though, All the audio voice commands do not work except Play (sound title) and list (folder name). I personally put all the album names, Artists and Contributing artists in all of the 6000 mp3 files and those commands (like Play artist (artist)) or List artist, etc. are not even recognized by my system. The manual says these command (like 20 of them) should work for both the IPod and USB flash drives. I would have thought that the Honda software engineers would have at least played with this unit and would have seen that it needed to be worked on. I sure hope there is a patch coming up for this vehicle since I paid for this feature and got the shaft, so to speak. I was at a Honda presentation today and they told me that there is nothing I can do, there is not even a tech support person that I can talk to. Customer tech support is really bad in this area. I may want to bring the car in for service and tell them to fix it since it is supposed to work. The voice comes back and tells me that it does not understand the commands. I have tried everything and tried way too many times. As far as I am concerned this car is a hunk of junk when it comes to the Audio voice commands. They better come up with a fix since I am telling everyone about this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a similar issue where a 32 or 64 GB Sandisk flash drive doesn't automatically read or restart - usually fixes itself when I unplug and reinsert the drive. Minor (but yes, annoying) inconvenience. I suspect it has more to do with the size of the drive and file formatting structure??? When I tried to format the drive in the past, I only had one option (like I couldn't go "back" to FAT32, which I think has to do with the memory size of the drive).

·
Registered
534 Posts
Your USB flash drive has suffered from heat damage - It takes too long to respond when the radio unit ask for info. When it does the radio thinks it is a new USB drive - Mine seem to last about a year before they do that.

copy all your files to a new USB flash drive. Heat is the enemy of electronics.

I have had USB flash drives MP3's for 6 years and had to replace the USB drive every summer. The good news is the cheap ones work fine for the radio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts