Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think the seats are uncomfortable? Maybe it's just the cloth model (LX or EX). They're not terrible, but I've noticed they're kinda firm and also, my legs kinda fall asleep after a short period of time. I've tried every different position you can imagine, but I still get some tingling/numbness in the legs after a bit. I'm 33yo, good health, healthy weight. So I'm not oversized in the seat

I've looked around online and some other Honda years/models have had similar complaints. But nothing widespread.

Anyone else? Also, any recommendations for seat cushion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the EX with the cloth seats and notice if I raise the front of the seat too far and the back too low that can happen, took fiddling with it for a few minutes but as long as the front isn't raised too far from the back they are very comfortable. I do find myself readjusting the lumbar support often, but, honestly, I think that is only because I didn't have lumbar in my '07 CRV EXL and it's a new toy. I'm not that tall, 5'6 and like my seat raised quite high (mostly to see over the raised hood areas!), maybe you are set too low?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Which trim do you have? The seats in the EX are VERY different from the LX. (There are actually quite of a lot of interior differences between the two.)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does anyone think the seats are uncomfortable? Maybe it's just the cloth model (LX or EX). They're not terrible, but I've noticed they're kinda firm and also, my legs kinda fall asleep after a short period of time. I've tried every different position you can imagine, but I still get some tingling/numbness in the legs after a bit. I'm 33yo, good health, healthy weight. So I'm not oversized in the seat

I've looked around online and some other Honda years/models have had similar complaints. But nothing widespread.

Anyone else? Also, any recommendations for seat cushion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May be the most uncomfortable seats I ever sat in. 2017 EX. My 2013 Civic has cotton seats that felt so good, even after 3 years. These CRV seats are hard, and narrow.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Just got through with my first trip of about 1.5 hrs. Seat is comfortable except for right side bolster. Keeps too much pressure on bottom of thigh. My butt is not large and I fit in seat fine. Had this same problem on a VW Jetta yrs ago. Maybe it won't be as stiff after awhile. Hope so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Front Passenger Seat lacks any kind of vertical height adjustment, so that is definitely a comfort issue. My front seat passengers have all reported being uncomfortable as a result of that seat being so low to the floor, and lacking any ability to adjust it upwards.

·
Registered
140 Posts
And I find the seats in the touring much more comfortable than previous generations.

·
Registered
91 Posts
And I find the seats in the touring much more comfortable than previous generations.
My wife's car is a 2008 CR-V EX-L with Nav, and those seats are "eh" (somewhat comfortable but not for long periods of time without moving/shifting body position). This 2017 Touring model that I'm buying is much more to my liking. I'm 6'2" with longer lower half than upper, and I fit nicely into all of the seats. I guess I'll see how it goes over the long haul since I'm now "stuck" with it. :cool:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Driver seat in EX is horrendous. 1 month and I think it will not hold up the year, it's already lopsided. Passenger seat (manual) tilts forward making it feel like you are falling out of the seat. It's a horrible situation that the Civic doesn't have. Yes, the fabric in the CRV is better than the Civic, but the civics seats are contoured correctly and certainly more durable.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My wife's car is a 2008 CR-V EX-L with Nav, and those seats are "eh" (somewhat comfortable but not for long periods of time without moving/shifting body position). This 2017 Touring model that I'm buying is much more to my liking. I'm 6'2" with longer lower half than upper, and I fit nicely into all of the seats. I guess I'll see how it goes over the long haul since I'm now "stuck" with it. :cool:
I somehow don't believe you. I've already hit my head on the ceiling a few times and I'm only 5 9.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow...you really should have test driven the car before buying. I have an EX and although I think they may be on the narrow side, they are comfortable. And I've had mine nearly 2 months and show absolutely no sign of wear or failure so I can't imagine what on earth you could possibly be doing to have yours fall apart. Is there ANY part of the car you picked that you actually like? I have a funny feeling you have a toyota sitting at home instead.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I somehow don't believe you. I've already hit my head on the ceiling a few times and I'm only 5 9.
you driving on roads in the US? or have you tried going off road with this car? Its got AWD but It wasn't built to compete with off road vehicles. and lastly, If you wear the seat belt you won't hit your head. wow, your comments all over the place, maybe you should get an old Chevy or Ford pickup and then you could be happy. sorry you're having such a hard time with cars.

·
Registered
200 Posts
you driving on roads in the US? or have you tried going off road with this car? Its got AWD but It wasn't built to compete with off road vehicles. and lastly, If you wear the seat belt you won't hit your head. wow, your comments all over the place, maybe you should get an old Chevy or Ford pickup and then you could be happy. sorry you're having such a hard time with cars.
Moving around the car. Anything medium to high and my head can easily hit the ceiling when shifting. I prefer the lowest setting. I can't even fit in after my wife gets out from driving...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm 6' and weight around 200lbs. I've never hit my head... never even came close. Maybe you need to lower the seat a little. Or maybe you have a very long torso and short legs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new here and in the market for a new vehicle and have been cross shopping. The best thing to do is take pictures of yourself in a sitting position and see where the back of your legs rest and knees on the seat bottom. This will give you a better idea on long term comfort and all. I have done this over the weekend on few vehicles 2017 Forester 2.5 Touring, 2017 Outback 2.5 Limited, 2017 CRV EX-L, and 2017 Ridgeline RTL.

·
Registered
548 Posts
My Touring (AWD) was so comfy I fell asleep while Wife was shopping.. They are nice seats.. the best I have owned for a car...

·
Registered
140 Posts
My Touring (AWD) was so comfy I fell asleep while Wife was shopping.. They are nice seats.. the best I have owned for a car...
Did billyrule just fall asleep while replying? ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't hit my head on the ceiling in my new Touring. I'm not sure what ulieq was talking about. It's not even close (about 2 inches when the seat is all the way up & forward). As long as I'm not taking the speed bumps at 30 mph, I should be OK. :cool:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts