Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked my wife's new 2017 CRV Touring on 1/14/2017 and have issues with the 2nd row seating. The 2nd row center seat belt detachable anchor point and 2nd row left seat belt buckle seem to be crossed in the lower seat. Is this a mfg. error or poor design makes it difficult for the left seat passenger to connect or disconnect their seat belt with the center passenger buckled in. Took the CRV back to the dealer today and they checked a number of 2017 CRV's on the lot and they are all the same, crossed over. Dealer told me they would contact Honda's support center and let me know in a few days. Seems like a NTSB safety recall or Honda TSB is needed to correct the issue. Has anyone heard back from Honda on the issue? I missing the reason for the crossed over design?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think it is just that way, but I haven't compared my 2013 EX-L to our new 2017 Touring.

Look at this video of the 2015 at 0:29 seconds in. Is that any different than yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azHwajz0DY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked my wife's new 2017 CRV Touring on 1/14/2017 and have issues with the 2nd row seating. The 2nd row center seat belt detachable anchor point and 2nd row left seat belt buckle seem to be crossed in the lower seat. Is this a mfg. error or poor design makes it difficult for the left seat passenger to connect or disconnect their seat belt with the center passenger buckled in. Took the CRV back to the dealer today and they checked a number of 2017 CRV's on the lot and they are all the same, crossed over. Dealer told me they would contact Honda's support center and let me know in a few days. Seems like a NTSB safety recall or Honda TSB is needed to correct the issue. Has anyone heard back from Honda on the issue? I missing the reason for the crossed over design?

I have the same issue. Dealer said it was correct.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe they've designed it this way because the center seat isn't used as often as the two seats. Placing the belt buckle further in allows more hip room for those two outside seats that are more frequently used compared to the center one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still the same

I just picked mine up last week and my 8 year old pointed out the seatbelt configuration. The dealer said that they were all like that but weren't sure why.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here. This is a safety concern for a middle passenger. They just made it more likely someone won't buckle in their CRV when you have 3 in the back seat. I am not happy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Mystry solved?

I think it is just that way, but I haven't compared my 2013 EX-L to our new 2017 Touring.

Look at this video of the 2015 at 0:29 seconds in. Is that any different than yours?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azHwajz0DY
This video shows '07 and '10, and perhaps others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKn6fgv6Glk

I suspect Honda, in it's idiotic brilliance, while moving the center belt from the passenger side to the driver side, decided the little strap on the 3rg gens needed to be cleaned up so they hard mounted the small end latch socket so it interferes with the outside passenger and their belt. In a word - STUPID!

·
Registered
90 Posts
2018 is still configured this way. How in the heck is it possible to correct this issue? This is supposed to be a five passenger vehicle but the belt layout just about makes that impossible. Honda needs to come up with a solution to this problem.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Try this...

With the left-seat belt not latched, put the middle-seat belt from the roof into it's latch next to the left-seat belt latch. Leave it loosely going up the seat back. Do not pull it across the middle-seat passenger, Yet.

Insert the left-seat belt into it's latch.

Then pull the middle-seat belt across the middle-seat passenger and latch it.

Voilà!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
This and the those at the links provided show belts latched with no one in any seat

This and those at the links provided show belts latched with no one in any seat which is of course useless! After fiddling with these belts a while is seems obvious to me they did it this way to minimize the discomfort of the quite narrow center seat. With a child in the center seat it may not matter but with an adult or large child this arrangement will be less uncomfortable for the center seat passenger. To claim this is a 4-passenger vehicle is worse than absurd, it is downright stupid!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts