Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently, by accident, pushed my driver’s side air vent in the dash. I tired to put it back in place without any success
Can anyone help me with that? Thanks

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
There’s going to have to be some more disassembly before that likely can be fixed. If you have never taken a dash apart, even a little bit, it’s intimidating. It’s odd that happened unless a part is broken.

Reactions: williamsji

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Nice, this forum is sooo efficient!
Thanks for the replies. Would you guys think this will be under warranty? I still have it until july of this year?
if your advisor is cool, possibly.
If you tell him you pushed it hard and f’d it up no.

If not replace it yourself and save the labor cost

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this to my 2017 CR-V today... Looks exactly the same. I think I am going to take an Allen wrench or straighten a wire coat hanger with a curve at the end, and pull it back into place and super glue it. Dashboards never go back together perfectly and there's always squeaks. I would be interested in knowing what worked for you.

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,202 Posts
I just did this to my 2017 CR-V today... Looks exactly the same. I think I am going to take an Allen wrench or straighten a wire coat hanger with a curve at the end, and pull it back into place and super glue it. Dashboards never go back together perfectly and there's always squeaks. I would be interested in knowing what worked for you.
Check out the video above - that should hopefully dispense the need to use superglue :)

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
Use some form of hook (old coat hanger, or purpose specific tool) to gently try to pry it back out.

It is hard to tell from the photo if the latching point to keep it in place is intact or it was broken.

You may end up needing to open up the dash to fix this.. so the advice and videos above should help greatly.

This brings up a really good point about modern vehicle cabins, and to some extent their exterior surfaces..... there is a lot of plastic used these days in vehicles. It has it's advantages (light weight, won't rust or tarnish, etc) but it also has it's disadvantages (more susceptible to damage and often designed such that it is not easily removed, changed, or serviced by your average owner).

Pull the windshield on a gen5 CRV to replace it and you will be astonished how flimsy and unfinished the front cabin and roof liner look with the glass out. Same with pulling apart the dash to do some sort of repair. You can actually pop your bumper covers off if you apply typical plastic unfastening tools to the right spots on the covers too. Heck, even the metal body panels are thinner than prior generation CRVs... but are probably stronger overall for body integrity due to all the carefully designed styling lines, bends, edges, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts