Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter September's CR-V of the month Challenge HERE
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2017 CRV AWD Touring has following symptoms:
1) no audio at all, I can not turn it on at all, speakers are not working also.
2) it does not show reverse guidelines when I shift it to R
3) automatic dimming rearview mirror does not working, it does not show the sensor light.
4) sometimes when I start the car notice message is not going away and does not show OK button.
5) speakers are not working.

the audio fuse is ok in Engine Compartment Fuse Box.

Any suggestion will help, thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
178 Posts
The option for guidelines are in the vehicle settings, you can do a search to find how to change settings for your car. Has any of these work before and just stopped working? is the car new to you? During your search, also search how to reboot your headunit (radio)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The option for guidelines are in the vehicle settings, you can do a search to find how to change settings for your car. Has any of these work before and just stopped working? is the car new to you? During your search, also search how to reboot your headunit (radio)
Yes all works before, I am the first owner of this car. for guidelines setting all options do not show guidelines. Once my wife could not shut off the car due to keyless issue and she tried to push start button several times. not sure if that cause the system messed up or burn some electronic parts. I will do some search how to reboot headunit (radio). thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
178 Posts
Here is a video to show rebooting the radio,

basically turn the car on, press and hold the volume button for about 10 seconds and it will ask if you want to reboot. say yes. These problems can also be due to a weak or dying battery, strange things happen when the battery has problems.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,947 Posts
Always start with a soft reboot of the head unit (as shown in the video shared above). If that does not work, then you do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for 5-10 minutes and reconnecting.

Note: on a power hard reset.. you will get all kinds of alert lights when you start the vehcile, but those should all clear on a short drive. Just need to give all the systems time to boot up, self check, cross check with other systems, and clear all the alerts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a video to show rebooting the radio,

basically turn the car on, press and hold the volume button for about 10 seconds and it will ask if you want to reboot. say yes. These problems can also be due to a weak or dying battery, strange things happen when the battery has problems.
I did several times it does not solve the problems in my case. thanks.

Always start with a soft reboot of the head unit (as shown in the video shared above). If that does not work, then you do a hard reset by disconnecting the battery for 5-10 minutes and reconnecting.

Note: on a power hard reset.. you will get all kinds of alert lights when you start the vehcile, but those should all clear on a short drive. Just need to give all the systems time to boot up, self check, cross check with other systems, and clear all the alerts.
I also tried the disconnecting the battery for several days and reconnecting, the problems still do not go away. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts