Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all

my crv has 235 65 17 can anyone tell me if i change to 235 70 17 . Will i have any issues .
I know the speedo will be a bit off.
Thanx much

·
Everything in Moderation
8,069 Posts
That increase in aspect ratio should not cause any issues IMO. Those tires are 1 inch bigger in diameter, and will result in your speedo & odometer reading 3.2% less.

http://www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi

Are the 70 series tires cheaper/more available? Is the load rating the same?

·
Vendor
399 Posts
Good day to all

my crv has 235 65 17 can anyone tell me if i change to 235 70 17 . Will i have any issues .
I know the speedo will be a bit off.
Thanx much
As you mention, your speedo will be off some and you may get some rubbing. It is right at the max tire height so depending on your vehicle you may get some rub.

Here is a link to a tire calculator so you can plug in the two sizes and see the difference in size and speedo:

Tire Size Calculator | Discount tire Direct

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
^^^^The most important tire number is the OE diameter. A 255/60/17 is mathematically the same diameter as the OE 235/65/17 tire. A 255 tire is .79" wider than a 235 tire.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I feel that the V would benefit from slightly wider tires. The 235s spin out pretty easily when the need to gun it arises. I have a feeling that wider tires might also increase drag though, which would lower fuel economy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts