Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have another weird problem that I'd love some help with. In the last few weeks, I started getting the error message "connected device is not responding" flashing on my panel at frequent, but erratic intervals. Message stays up 2-3 seconds then fades. Had my CRV since May 2017 without seeing this problem.

My Android phone (Galaxy S7) is connected and works fine. My friend's iPhone 8 is connected and works fine. There are no other "devices" in the car that are on and have bluetooth. Happens while driving and while sitting still. Happens when we shut off our phones. Happens after we unpair our phones from the car.

It's annoying as hell. Any ideas about how to stop these erroneous error messages?

Registered
no error messages for me.
did you try a soft reboot of the HU?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
no error messages for me.
did you try a soft reboot of the HU?
No, but as soon as I deleted Android Auto from my phone, the problem stopped. If it happens again, I'll try rebooting the HU. Thanks for the tip!

Registered
I had this problem for months. Finally figured out that over time a thin layer of gunk formed onto my phone's USB-C port's pins. The extra resistance for charging wasn't a big problem but signal strength dropped a ton and thus USB data transfer wouldn't work. Used a plastic piece to scrub the pins in the port, now every USB cable I use works with Android Auto. Charging current went up too as an added bonus to less resistance on the wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts