Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Good owners of CRV!

Please see the attached pictures and let me know how much it would cost to repair the passenger side door dent removal? Also, any reasonably priced body shop around Boston can fix this? I don't want to claim insurance.

I appreciate your help!

Yas

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,470 Posts
Thats way beyond dent removal.
You need both doors repaired (maybe front replaced since its so badly out of alignment.
Full paint blending on the whole side, maybe lower garnish since most places wont reuse.
you’re looking at about 3500 out of pocket or deductible from ins

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just checked www.car-part.com and found a used door from this vehicle for about $1000. Getting a used front door and figuring out how to change it yourself, and then just living with the scrape damage on the rear would be the cheapest solution. This is assuming that you own the vehicle (or plan to some day) and you don't really care about the hit in resale value that the scrapes on the rear door would be.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,905 Posts
Hard to be sure from the photo, but it looks to me like both doors will have to be replaced in order to return the vehicle to condition prior to the impact. Certinly the front door is toast by any professional repair standards. These doors are not really made to be repaired now days. My guess is you are looking at $4K plus here.

I'm sure you can find some fly by night body repair service that will be happy to try to pull, pound, and putty the door... but paint matching is going to have to be done by actual professionals..... so if you are happy with puttied doors and crap paint..... I'm sure you can find someone to do it for you on the cheap.

I know there are one or two members here who are professional body repair people, so maybe they will drop in and give you a more precise outlook.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hard to be sure from the photo, but it looks to me like both doors will have to be replaced in order to return the vehicle to condition prior to the impact. Certinly the front door is toast by any professional repair standards. These doors are not really made to be repaired now days. My guess is you are looking at $4K plus here.

I'm sure you can find some fly by night body repair service that will be happy to try to pull, pound, and putty the door... but paint matching is going to have to be done by actual professionals..... so if you are happy with puttied doors and crap paint..... I'm sure you can find someone to do it for you on the cheap.

I know there are one or two members here who are professional body repair people, so maybe they will drop in and give you a more precise outlook.

You are right. Both right side doors should probably be replaced. If LocusPocus can pick the doors up from the junk yard and change them him/herself, it looks like it would cost about $2000. No painting needed as long as the doors are the correct color. I'm not sure what's involved in swapping out these doors, but I would guess it wouldn't be too complicated.

Like I mentioned before, www.car-part.com is where to go to find used junkyard parts. You put in your zip code and the parts you're looking for and you can usually find a match. Then you can call up a few junk yards and confirm that they have them in the correct color and ask them to pull them off of the car and get them ready for you. Some junk yards might even be willing to install them on your car for a reasonable fee if you ask them.

Depending on your insurance deductible and/or your desire to keep this off of your insurance record, this may be the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.