Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some reason tonight the display decided to stay on daytime brightness. It's on night mode, and the display even flickers like it's changing it's brightness, but it just stays super brought. Switching it from off/day/night it just does off/day/day even though it says it's on night..

Is there anyway to reset the display to fix whatever the hell is causing it to do that? The settings -> display doesn't do anything, just adjusts it for the overall daytime mode it's stuck in.

·
Registered
865 Posts
So, some reason tonight the display decided to stay on daytime brightness. It's on night mode, and the display even flickers like it's changing it's brightness, but it just stays super brought. Switching it from off/day/night it just does off/day/day even though it says it's on night..

Is there anyway to reset the display to fix whatever the hell is causing it to do that? The settings -> display doesn't do anything, just adjusts it for the overall daytime mode it's stuck in.
This is a super common question, a little searching will save you time. Here's my own experience but please check for others too.

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1533163

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Known issue; take it to your dealer. They will order a new display, and will either receive a replacement display or a USB stick that has the necessary software fix on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
They will order a new display, and will either receive a replacement display or a USB stick that has the necessary software fix on it.
Or not. Have a friend who was just told they are going to charge him $1,500 to fix the brightness issue.

Honda can't even tell him why HondaCare doesn't cover this.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Or not. Have a friend who was just told they are going to charge him $1,500 to fix the brightness issue.

Honda can't even tell him why HondaCare doesn't cover this.
Well, if his car isn't under Bumper-to-bumper warranty any more, and he purchased the powertrain version of HondaCare, then that would explain it. (Why Mitsubishi (who makes the stereo) has dealers order the whole display when all they need is a USB stick is beyond me.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
The story as I heard it, is that it's incompetence from top down on these infotainment systems.

All I know is I got mine fixed after nine months. Nine months...

Imagine this scenario. They charge him $1,500. For a software update. No hardware replacement... Ouch.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well, if his car isn't under Bumper-to-bumper warranty any more, and he purchased the powertrain version of HondaCare, then that would explain it. (Why Mitsubishi (who makes the stereo) has dealers order the whole display when all they need is a USB stick is beyond me.)
Depending on the VIN, some aren't eligible for the software update. That said I don't think the dealers have a clue.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 CRV Battery light on

My battery light came on and the next day the car died in the parking lot at work-not on the freeway on the way-good news. 18k miles and month 38 of ownership, ie, out of warranty. Listened to wife and bought 7 years of Hondacare. Everything covered including water pump that was squeaking and rental car. Total bill $1036. Paid $2400 for Hondacare peace of mind.?If you plan keeping car buy Honda care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts