Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 CRV has had problems with the display screen since 3 months old and 8K mi. After several trips nd fixes by the dealer there is one problem left. You can not adjust the screen brightness since 8 months old and 20k mi. It stays full brigtness all the time. Dealer has updated firmware, reset unknit, and even installed the latest fix 19-066. Nothing works. Been in dealer at least 6 times. Also have a letter from honda from Jan 2019 saying they don't know how to fix it. After the 19-066 fix was installed in Sept 2019, was unsuccessful, called honda cust service to see what the next step is. Vehicle is under 3 years old but now has 60Kmi. Now they are saying to replace the unit, but they will only pay half.. They say I have to pay $270 for this repair when I have reported the problem several times to the dealer when within the warrantee mileage and it was NEVER fixed!! So if Honda can't fix it in the warrantee period, they are off the hook? Other posts on this website have people that have had the unit replaced and it hasn't fixed the problems. What is the answer here?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
Prediction: future generation Hondas, and other makes as well, will do away with the head unit entirely and replace it with a simple high resolution display screen that connects directly to your phone. Your phone then controls everything.. and vehicle manufacturers can abandon the head unit entirely, and the head aches that come with it. Of course if you don't have a smart phone, you may be hosed.. so they will likely have some other rudimentary way to make adjustments to the vehicle as well.

They are kind of already heading this way by incorporting CarPlay and Android Auto (well.. except for Toyota for some reason for Android).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I learned a sweet trick my man....next time u go to start ur car-push ur foot on the brake, push in and hold the ignition down for at least 15 seconds then release. It seems to clear the memory

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2017 CRV has had problems with the display screen since 3 months old and 8K mi. After several trips nd fixes by the dealer there is one problem left. You can not adjust the screen brightness since 8 months old and 20k mi. It stays full brigtness all the time. Dealer has updated firmware, reset unknit, and even installed the latest fix 19-066. Nothing works. Been in dealer at least 6 times. Also have a letter from honda from Jan 2019 saying they don't know how to fix it. After the 19-066 fix was installed in Sept 2019, was unsuccessful, called honda cust service to see what the next step is. Vehicle is under 3 years old but now has 60Kmi. Now they are saying to replace the unit, but they will only pay half.. They say I have to pay $270 for this repair when I have reported the problem several times to the dealer when within the warrantee mileage and it was NEVER fixed!! So if Honda can't fix it in the warrantee period, they are off the hook? Other posts on this website have people that have had the unit replaced and it hasn't fixed the problems. What is the answer here?
I have the same issue. They promised me firmware updates, now that the warranty is done they basically have a fix and corporate is “generous” to offer me $270 for the repair instead of $1900. This should be a recall with the number of people that have the issue, it is a safety issue too at night on the highways. I filed a complaint with the NJ Consumer Affairs. Too many issues with this CRV, starting with the engine in the gas that they initially told me was just spilled oil smell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. They promised me firmware updates, now that the warranty is done they basically have a fix and corporate is “generous” to offer me $270 for the repair instead of $1900. This should be a recall with the number of people that have the issue, it is a safety issue too at night on the highways. I filed a complaint with the NJ Consumer Affairs. Too many issues with this CRV, starting with the engine in the gas that they initially told me was just spilled oil smell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Crv has had frequent electronic problems, beeping, unresponsive screen, back up camera issues, brightness issues, nav issues...we’ve reported them and had issues worked out until now at 3 years, 3 months when the display will do nothing. Dealer says it is dead and needs to be replaced...will cost at least $2000. Waiting to hear. Please tell me this thing is a class action lawsuit!!!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,475 Posts
Get in the car.
Turn on the headlights(not auto)
Rotate the trip odometer dimmer down to one notch below the brightest setting
Then turn thr lights off.

if the brightness is set to max (when the lights are on) thr car will be insanely bright at night and non adjustable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts