Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my 2014 CRV LX 2 days ago on a new 2017 EX. Only 60 miles on the new one now and the Emissions Problem warning came on. Help! My old LX never had a single problem so not sure how there can be a problem on a 2 day old car. Will have to take it back to the dealer tomorrow but just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem - and thoughts on whether this is serious. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: got up early to drive 20 miles to the dealer at 7:00 AM to avoid traffic. Waited 2 hours to be told they don't know what the problem is, but "it isn't something simple", possibly something electrical. So, instead of driving my beautiful new car to work this AM and getting to show it off a bit, instead I have a rental. And will have to make another trip back to the dealer. This is my 6th Honda, 2nd CRV, and have never had an issue. I came really close to buying something else this time but decided to stick with Honda exactly because they are so reliable and I can't stand dealing with these kinds of things! You just don't expect to have a major issue and hassles with a car you've had less than 48 hours. Sad to trade in a 2014 that worked perfectly well for a brand new 2017 that doesn't.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
They actually don't have gas caps on the 2017's but it could still be a faulty mechanism in the cap-less design?
OK, I knew that. I WAS thinking that for some reason it couldn't close all the way, and the evaporative system leak set the message/code...

They need a robotic announcement "Your gas cap is ajar" ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts