Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start to notice rattle noise from engine bay recently, particularly when temperature around 32F. Not as noticeable in drive, but if put car in park, and rev engine to 2200rpm, the sound is quite loud like lose part is going to break off. Also the resonant frequency changes with fuel level. With full tank of fuel, it's 2200 rpm, half tank or lower, it's around 1800rpm. I guess it's not from the engine itself, but could be heat shield or radiator or belt. Difficult to check heat shield as under-body is covered. Anyone experiencing similar issues?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Does it sound like it's coming from the back of the car, and not from under the hood? If so, this is a known issue; looks like a TSB was never issued, but it should be in their troubleshooting database.

Either way, take it in, and don't leave until you've demonstrated it to a service advisor, and give them the chance to get the "that's normal" or "they all do that" out of their system (default answer for any noise complaint at a dealership service dept.) so you can demonstrate (preferably with a display model) that it isn't normal.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Start to notice rattle noise from engine bay recently, particularly when temperature around 32F. Not as noticeable in drive, but if put car in park, and rev engine to 2200rpm, the sound is quite loud like lose part is going to break off. Also the resonant frequency changes with fuel level. With full tank of fuel, it's 2200 rpm, half tank or lower, it's around 1800rpm. I guess it's not from the engine itself, but could be heat shield or radiator or belt. Difficult to check heat shield as under-body is covered. Anyone experiencing similar issues?
I just noticed a couple of days ago what might be the exact same thing in my '17. Right at the same RPM.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Maybe page 16 in "List of TSBs" in the stickies section. TSB 17-054, 911medic post a link to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adding a video demonstrating the problem. It's really bad when temperate is below 32F. Noise mostly gone with temperature above 50.
Sorry I only have one post and can't post video, need to mangle the link a little bit.
www youtube com / watch?v=5Ke_BADR6pM

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The vehicle is under warranty, take it to the dealership. If you try to do your own repairs you start compromising the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts