Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 2017 CRV EX 2WD on Sunday. I still have less than 100 miles on it. Everything has been going great, but last night when I was going to mess around with the settings, I got in the car and noticed a ticking/clicking noise that happens every 2-3 seconds. It sounds like the tick of a clock. It's coming from behind the dash/steering wheel and I can hear it slightly from the outside/engine area.

It happens when I enter the car and don't touch anything. It also happens when I push the start button without touching the brake, which turns on the center console screen. When I push the start button again (without brake) to turn on the dash, I don't hear the sound. And when I turn on the engine/drive around I don't hear the sound.

I'm planning on taking it into the dealership tomorrow, but I wanted to check on here to see if anyone else has had the same problem and what the fix was. OR if I should go into the dealership immediately to have it checked out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The ticking is normal when you wake up the CRV by opening the door. It will stop a few mins after exiting the car. Now, the next noise you will hear is a buzzing sound from the back of the vehicle. Sounds like an aquarium pump running. This too is normal...it's an evap test that it is running, doesn't happen a lot but just to warn you that one night while you're in the garage you will hear it..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ticking is normal when you wake up the CRV by opening the door. It will stop a few mins after exiting the car. Now, the next noise you will hear is a buzzing sound from the back of the vehicle. Sounds like an aquarium pump running. This too is normal...it's an evap test that it is running, doesn't happen a lot but just to warn you that one night while you're in the garage you will hear it..
Thanks for the reply and the heads up about the evap test, Traylaw. I went to the dealership today and jumped in another brand new CRV to see if it makes the same noise, and sure enough, it does. So that gives me some peace of mind. I was worried that something was stuck and that it would wear out the part/drain the battery.

Do you happen to know what is causing the ticking?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Whitewizard, I am pretty sure it's coming from a module bolted to the firewall almost center in the engine compartment. Based on where the hoses attached to the module go to the engine, it would suggest this is the evap purge solenoid valve but this is my guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts