Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i had gone for an oil change at the dealer and i did see my maintenance minder B123, just wondering i only have 28k miles on my crv and it is asking to change the trans. fluid already? I live in LA and only drive at least 5miles a day.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,713 Posts
I would do it every 30K miles. (The MM will show the code near 30K)

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
Hello, i had gone for an oil change at the dealer and i did see my maintenance minder B123, just wondering i only have 28k miles on my crv and it is asking to change the trans. fluid already? I live in LA and only drive at least 5miles a day.
The maintenance minder is quite smart in Hondas these days. It has probably displayed B123 since after the last oil change predicting your next oil change will be in the neighborhood of 30K miles and therefore it's time for that first transmission fluid change. You just don't notice it because it does not pop up on your instrument cluster until your oil life it at 15%, but if you manually select and check the MM after a service and the MM is reset by the dealer... it will show the next predicted service requirements. The actual time and miles may be off a bit.. but that is just Honda trying to bundle your services, and therefore limit the number of visits to the dealer.

For example.. mine currently predicts I will need my brake fluid changed with my next oil service ... because my oil change history is that I end up doing it about every 11-12 months and my next predicted service will be close to the 3 year mark on the vehicle.

Personally, I like the MM being a lot smarter now days... less for me to keep track of separately on my calendar. :) I used to have to mark my calendar for oil changes on my old gen3 because it was a dumber MM which only calc

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,713 Posts
Someday we'll just say "Alexa, when and where should I get my next oil change for the least money?" ?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
Someday we'll just say "Alexa, when and where should I get my next oil change for the least money?" ?
LOL.. so true.. and that apparently is already showing up in some vehicles too! And I bet some people love it too.

Personally, I don't ask Alexa questions in my home, nor do I let her comment, but I do give her clear instructions, and expect her to comply, from time to time. :) So I'm not about to let her have hold of my vehicle as well. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the response. I’ll probably just wait till 30k, That’s mostly what i’ve been seeing as well.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I think that would be "Alexa, take my CR-V to the local Honda dealer for all the pending maintenance items."

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You: trying to do your maintenance in a couple of years.
Car: Stop Dave. Stop Dave. I am afraid. I am afraid Dave.
---
You: trying to do your maintenance a few years later.
Car: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts