Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2017 CRV EXL Crash pics and payout info

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  RockyMtnCRV 
#1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Crossover suv

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Honda

An old lady forgot to yield as my gf was going through a green light. The lady left turned directly into the doors. This resulted in all of the side and seat airbags going off. The doors could not be removed. The initial damage report was approaching $15k before the doors were removed. The "B" pillar damage was quite significant and would have added thousands if it was even repairable.

So down to the numbers. 2017 CRV EX-L with 19,000 miles

Payout was a few dollar below $27,000. We paid $30,100. A total loss of $3,100 in 14 months of ownership. Loss of 10.3% in the first year. We were quite happy with this and we are in the process of getting a 2019 delivered to us.

Also for those needing more information about resale, this number was arrived at by viewing over 15 comparable vehicles and several of which had sold. This number also followed what NADA and KBB showed.

My gf was uninjured and quite happy with the outcome.

See less See more
#3 ·
Glad your girlfriend was uninjured. How about the "Old Lady"? Is she OK. BTW, what is your definition of old lady? Be careful, my wife reads these also, and I don't want to get caught in the cross fire. :kaboom

Glad it worked out for you with the insurance. Who's insurance paid?

#4 ·
Always good to hear of no injuries.

Any bruising from air bags?

AWD? Looks like rear wheel has damage.

#11 ·
abcdferghijk
...Payout was a few dollar below $27,000. We paid $30,100. A total loss of $3,100 in 14 months of ownership.
Just talked to my neighbor today he lost two cars in a fire a few months ago.

The 'Dodge ???' that was three years old had depreciated $11,000 more than the current loan balance and he was happy he had GAP insurance.

We had a '05 Pilot totaled after 18 months and received a check for $7,000 after payoff (similar loss of +/- $3,000)...purchased a new '07 after that.

Point of story is: Hondas maintain value.

Very happy no-one was injured.

Enjoy the new '19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.