Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom wants splash guards. Had seen lots of people say the factory ones are an easy install.

couple reviews i've seen, though, say they think the guards are smallish and may not be effective.

anyone using anything other than factory guards for better protection?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would honestly go factory OEM. For that OEM look. I have them on my lx and they do a good job of keeping mud off my paint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put them on... question for people. The screws don't really draw in the fabric fender liner. Did anyone put much effort into trying to get a hole n teh liner, and then have the splash guard screw tuck it up tight to the fender rim? i gave it a half-hearted shot... but could tell they hadn't really set it up well to do that.... so i let it go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
May be a little off topic but, I had fender damage to my 3 day old 2018 CR-V on one of the windiest days in March. When the repair shop put everything back together, it looks like my rear mud guards are missing some sort of covering over what looks like a felt liner. Maybe you can see in the picture how the mud guard seems to be missing something in front of the liner. I can actually wiggle the mud guard with my hands. This is the same on both rear mud guards. The front mud guards have a hard plastic as opposed to the felt in the rear. My tires are 18 inch if that matters.

I honestly never paid attention to these rear mud guards until my neighbor, who just bought a 2018 CR-V, has hard plastic attached to her rear mud guards where I have this felt looking thing.

Sorry the pictures posted sideways.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts