Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,099 Posts
Cant be 100% sure as the audio is not perfect, but it sounds like the engine cooling fans operating if/when the engine requires their intervention - which as you know is automatic.

Nothing to worry about I'd say unless you are experiencing any performance issues.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
413 Posts
Possibly the Active Noise Cancellation System (ANC). It generates a noise through your speakers to cancel out specific engine noises whilst driving. Some posters say it sounds like a droning noise although I have to admit I can’t hear any specific tone.

I do suspect it’s affecting the quality of sound when listening to my music as the speaker sound is distorted when I’m on the move.

Not easy to switch off as you need to unplug the module located behind the dash.

It also emits a sound when the ICE is switched off.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
are the louvers in the front open or closed

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
To me, and I can't quite tell, it sounds like a charge pipe has come loose or off. What i think you are hearing is the turbo spinning. Sounds like a jet engine or vacuum cleaner at higher RPM.

We had one other member that it happened to.

Are you noticing lower power from the engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I am a little bit and now an engine check light has come on for p006a and p0100, regarding the charge pipe would I be able to see it from the bottom to check if it did infact come loose?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yes I am a little bit and now an engine check light has come on for p006a and p0100, regarding the charge pipe would I be able to see it from the bottom to check if it did infact come loose?
I don't have a good video of all of the charge pipe connections, but I'd start with the one closest to the throttle body.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,511 Posts
checked all innercooler connections and everything seem to be tight and snug and no cracks or anything
IF.. the noise happens while parked... then.....

Suggested next step.... lift the hood, and listen closely to try to localize the source better ... while someone else moves the accelerator for you. 💡

Be sure and keep all body parts out of the engine compartment at all times or the next thing you hear will be you screaming. :p

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
What i do is take my gopro, and place in the engine bay. and i figure out the isssue, did that with the Brake squeal day one...

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
That is a good idea Fishy! :)
What I did and can do and share to all was simply offer some suggestions and that was what I did. I never found hte problem but at least Iget to look what was happening, Because you are hearing what some are saying the WHISTLE.

I owned a turb or two before and not like this one so the sound you may hear can exactly be that, when you are with certain RPMS and gassing is that when the air movement is heard.. One can always stand stil land rev but like a person here will say you'll Blow the car up. I give up with the CHIEFS on here they need to be Indians and chill.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
turbo whine is apone compression enganges at a certain rpm give gas it will whirl. what I remembered.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.