Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beginning 9/2019 car has been to dealer service multiple times for every warning light going off on dash. Initially, AC unit component was replaced and was told oil change performed as vehicle was "running rich"; an oil change had just been done a couple weeks prior. Software updates were performed. Immediately after picking up vehicle, warning lights repopulated to dash....vehicle immediately returned and was advised through wrong AC unit component part was replaced.....they had to replace an additional time. Less than a month goes by, all lights repopulate in dash. Take car back in, code came back same problem, so they decide to now look at the cam shafts as the bulletin they pull says that's the next fix. Can shafts are bad and need to be replaced. All is being done under warranty but what else is wrong with key car and how long is this vehicle even going to last? 2 years old, 55,000 miles....still making payments. Was planning on handing this car down to my son when he starts driving, don't even think that will be a possibility. Dealer service says the car is safe to drive, really? How much extra wear has this engine taken as a result of this problem. Honda has extended the warranty and additional year, big deal. What happens after that? So disappointed and at a loss as to what to do.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Camshafts? Hum.? smell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might have been unlucky, I have had Honda products since 1975, one Civic, two Accords, one CRV (for 10) years and I am on my second CRV 2017. I can tell you that Honda always stands behind their products, extending the warranty for an extra year is unheard from a car manufacturer.
Do not despair, they will eventually work all the bugs out (hopefully there are none left).
If you have another problem, consider trading it in at your dealership for a new one, because at a certain point is going to be cheaper to Honda to give you a great trade value on your CRV, than keep repairing it!
Good luck and hopefully all your issues have been resolve!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my 2017 back from the dealer. I had no warning when the camshaft went, the car just died and then I got a pile of warning. The dealer was great but I am not sure if I can trust this car or any CRV with this 1.5 turbo engine. I had THE FIX done right when it came out, but that seemed to do nothing. One little sentence in Honda's TBS on the camshaft seems to be my problem. My wife uses the car on very short trips and it is cold for 4 months of the year. The exact kind of driving conditions they say will cause the problem. Well she not doing anything wrong, the old car did it for 12 years and it is still going strong.
I only have 25k on the car and they have no idea if this will happen again. My wife loves the car, but we afraid the next time this happens, there will be no warranty left to cover the repair. Because off the way she uses the car I am afraid it will happen again. I am planning to trade the car soon. If we go with a CRV it is going to be the new Hybrid. She gets the CRV she loves with a proven engine. From what I have read it is get great reviews in Europe with no major problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts