Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shift button popped out 6 months ago & Honda replaced.
Today 9-21-19 the whole shift button would not move.. car locked in Park‼‼ called Honda dealer & they told me how to open a little place - left of shifter & it's a release override and bring into Honda Monday. As today is Saturday & we had appts we used my Husbands car, couldn't take it in today‼‼???
Anybody else with this HAPPENING⁉⁉

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,026 Posts
I think they did that already they are on their 2nd

pop the shifter knob off. good luck. key in hole in my eyes needs the shifter button still pressed. it won't slide on its own Honda should have told you that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think there is a free replacement for this issue from honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I already had one replaced cuz it broke, now the new replacement button isn't connecting & we keep pushing it in & not moving & button not broken?
Just won't move out of Park??
This is SOMETHING that shouldn't be happening‼‼??

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,681 Posts
VERY silly (but serious) question...Is your foot on the brake pedal?

Don't ask my why I am asking this question.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VERY silly (but serious) question...Is your foot on the brake pedal?

Don't ask my why I am asking this question.
Yes Silly?? My husband & I both tried it.. I did video tape it for Honda Service to see.. it then started idling at 2RPM'S we didn't even have to use the gas peddle??
And the display radio/Bluetooth doesn't even work AND it keeps blinking different screens while u have it on radio ..
This car is REALLY not my cup of TEA- TOO MANY PROBLEMS for buying a new vehicle???

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,681 Posts
Yes Silly?? My husband & I both tried it.. I did video tape it for Honda Service to see.. it then started idling at 2RPM'S we didn't even have to use the gas peddle??
And the display radio/Bluetooth doesn't even work AND it keeps blinking different screens while u have it on radio ..
This car is REALLY not my cup of TEA- TOO MANY PROBLEMS for buying a new vehicle???
Well, that's a lot more info than originally provided. Hopefully the dealership's service dept, will rectify this for you under warranty.

Today is Monday, what did the dealership say?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that's a lot more info than originally provided. Hopefully the dealership's service dept, will rectify this for you under warranty.

Today is Monday, what did the dealership say?
U know what they did..
They blew off any dust from inside where button was - REALLY
I asked them, u didn't even change out button- that one might have something wrong with it ⁉⁉ He said no, it looked the same as a new one??
And they also reset the display/radio and do u know what - it did it 3 times after we left Honda within a half an hour.. and YES‼ I videoed it changing??
Called at 5pm & got his voicemail , I told him I need a "NEW" Display replacement‼‼
Waiting for his return call??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts