Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone - I searched all the threads and couldn't find anything.

I test drove both the 2017 EX and LX on Saturday night. The EX was able to play my iPod when I plugged it into the USB jack, and basically took over my iPod and put it up on the screen. When I plugged into the LX, it said the device was not recognized.

I did quite a bit of research and this seems to be a common problem. Does anyone have experience using their iPods in the car? I'd like to be able to still play my iPod and have control over the device itself rather than on the screen.

I am wondering if a USB adapter to mini male plug will work?

Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello Elkamino,
This could be due to the fact that LX comes with a different media unit (Multi-Information Display aka MID) than the rest of the trim levels (Driver Information Interface). The MID is behaving the same way it did on my 2012 Civic. Sometimes it would display this error message "Device not recognized", i found that restarting the vehicle and/or unplugging and re-plugging the device worked. It also helps if you manually switch audio to Aux rather than relying on the MID to recognize and switch to AUX upon plugging the device (which it should automatically do!). Best of luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Elkamino,
This could be due to the fact that LX comes with a different media unit (Multi-Information Display aka MID) than the rest of the trim levels (Driver Information Interface). The MID is behaving the same way it did on my 2012 Civic. Sometimes it would display this error message "Device not recognized", i found that restarting the vehicle and/or unplugging and re-plugging the device worked. It also helps if you manually switch audio to Aux rather than relying on the MID to recognize and switch to AUX upon plugging the device (which it should automatically do!). Best of luck with your purchase.
Thanks so much for the info. I am hoping my black on black EX 2WD shows up next week. The stereo is a lot better than in the LX which only has four speakers. I live for my iPod and listen to music all the time in the car so that's really important to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
From my experience using an iPod in my Touring: I notice occasional audio dropouts that I don't notice when listening to the same track via Bluetooth from my phone. They're not all that frequent, so I don't find them all that objectionable, but I do notice them. I wonder if this is a common experience?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got an old iPod touch as well as a first gen. Mini and a 5th gen vid iPods.
No luck so fat getting the old click-wheel iPods to play via USB.
After multiple tries connecting the touch blue bluetooth finally worked, so I should be able to use that, at least.

Any advice on sorting the click-wheel models w/ a 2017 EX would be appreciated.

TIA!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was on a tight budget and bought the 2017 LX. I actually like the wheels better on it. Anyway I am a hard core iPod Classic junkie so I made sure it worked in LX before buying. I use a 30 pin connector to usb and it works fine in the outlet in the console. Every now and then it will show "not compatible " but it only lasts for a minute. Even on the cheaper LX audio system I can chose songs, artists or playlists from the audio unit. So it does work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts