Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2917 CRV 1.5 turbo. No issue with oil dilution prior to recall worked performed. After work completed, oil dilution started. Second trip to dealer stated I’m the first person seen with this problem. They’ve contacted the manufacturer about this issue. Waiting to here back. Was wondering what they are going to do about this. Anybody else with this problem? Apparently this fix may have made it worse. Said injectors May be bad. Will update on this issue.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said their probably going to do an oil sample at this point. Pisses me off, as apparently this so called fix didn’t work. Now what? At least this will be well documented. Keep me posted on what they do. I will do the same.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never had an issue before the fix. The only thing that did work , was the heater module or whatever they replaced. I noticed my car did warm up faster when I used the remote start.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Dyldo is not a moderator, his opinion isn't relevant.
The main oil dilution thread is now just a hodgepodge of misinformation. Like Fuel Trim is something that Honda hasn't already considered. Yeah, right.
If this is allowed to stay open at least those of us with the problem will know that Honda still doesn't have a clue on how to fix the problem.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I hope a moderator does shut this down. There is a thread for oil dilution already. If you guys have poisened the thread then lock it and make a new one. But no sense in making every post another thread like it was previously.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Dyldo is not a moderator, his opinion isn't relevant.
The main oil dilution thread is now just a hodgepodge of misinformation. Like Fuel Trim is something that Honda hasn't already considered. Yeah, right.
If this is allowed to stay open at least those of us with the problem will know that Honda still doesn't have a clue on how to fix the problem.
It better not be allowed to stay open. The mods have already stated they would close posts like this.

There is literally nothing in it that is helpful or new.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It better not be allowed to stay open. The mods have already stated they would close posts like this.

There is literally nothing in it that is helpful or new.
On the contrary.
It shows that after more than a year, Honda is still unable to fix this problem.

Most importantly the Smoke Screen of Fuel Trim and other BS distractions posted by Fanbois is absent.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
On the contrary.
It shows that after more than a year, Honda is still unable to fix this problem.

Most importantly the Smoke Screen of Fuel Trim and other BS distractions posted by Fanbois is absent.
We have already discussed that the "fix" doesn't work for everyone. Not once, not twice but many many times we have discussed this.

So again, this thread is useless. It provides no pictures, no levels, no oil analysis, no outcomes from dealership.

Nothing that can't be added to the biggest thread on this group.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have already discussed that the "fix" doesn't work for everyone. Not once, not twice but many many times we have discussed this.

So again, this thread is useless. It provides no pictures, no levels, no oil analysis, no outcomes from dealership.

Nothing that can't be added to the biggest thread on this group.
Actually I find it interesting and relevant. We have a guy who didn't have OD before the fix and now he does. All the discussions about lyft or whatever the heck it is are boring to me and mean absolutely nothing to most of the rest of us. I wish you guys would open a separate thread for that so the 2 of you can discuss it there.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Actually I find it interesting and relevant. We have a guy who didn't have OD before the fix and now he does. All the discussions about lyft or whatever the heck it is are boring to me and mean absolutely nothing to most of the rest of us. I wish you guys would open a separate thread for that so the 2 of you can discuss it there.
We have had all responses on OD:

Have it
Don't Have it
Only Have it during winter
Didn't Have It, Do after fix
Have it before and after fix

The only thing that would actually warrant a new thread at this point is someone that actually figured out how to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I think the moderators have lost physical control of the forum and these guys are exploiting that.

·
Registered
434 Posts
...The main oil dilution thread is now just a hodgepodge of misinformation. Like Fuel Trim is something that Honda hasn't already considered....
I would like to second what you said. LTFT data means little to me and to 99% of CR-V owners. The OD thread is now overrun with LTFT posts, one of the reasons I hardly visit anymore. I suggest that the guys that are interested in LTFT data open a new thread devoted to it and and post their data there, a win-win for all.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would like to second what you said. LTFT data means little to me and to 99% of CR-V owners. The OD thread is now overrun with LTFT posts, one of the reasons I hardly visit anymore. I suggest that the guys that are interested in LTFT data open a new thread devoted to it and and post their data there, a win-win for all.
So LTFT data provides possible insight into possible fuel dilution, yet somehow the OPs bitch fest is intriguing and worth listening to?

We don't need a separate thread. Users need to learn to actually read instead of requiring picture books to understand something. Sorry you have to read more than one page to enter the discussion.

There has literally been no other insight into OD in a couple months. I really do wish someone could come up with something new.

But starting new threads doesn't help either

·
Registered
231 Posts
So LTFT data provides possible insight into possible fuel dilution, yet somehow the OPs bitch fest is intriguing and worth listening to?

We don't need a separate thread. Users need to learn to actually read instead of requiring picture books to understand something. Sorry you have to read more than one page to enter the discussion.

There has literally been no other insight into OD in a couple months. I really do wish someone could come up with something new.

But starting new threads doesn't help either

Actually there has been insight into this in the past month. I think its pretty significant that Honda is now extending the warranty by 1 year and unlimited mileage. That has huge significance. They are admitting this is a problem and real. Honda engines may not be as reliable as urban legend would have it. I have owned an Acura and this Honda and both engines have major defects. I will go boring next time - Toyota.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Actually there has been insight into this in the past month. I think its pretty significant that Honda is now extending the warranty by 1 year and unlimited mileage. That has huge significance. They are admitting this is a problem and real.
This can also be interpreted a different way. Honda has been saying that the OD is normal for this engine and is not causing any damage. By extending the warranty as they they have, it gives customers assurance that they stand by their statements. In other words, an example of actions speaking louder that words.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oil dilution normal? Extending warranties to show actions speak louder than words? Sorry I'm not buying into that theory. You give Honda way too much credit.

If OD and severe OD is normal for this engine then why not extend the warranty to 5 years and unlimited mileage when they first started selling this engineering marvel? Obviously the Honda engineers knew this would happen - right? If it hadn't been for the noise CR caused I doubt we would have even got the extension.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,184 Posts
Topic closed. This belongs in the main OD Topic.

Unfortunately it seems that a few others noticed OD after having bthe TSB performed. We'll never know if they only noticed after they had the work done...their engines could have been diluting before. SHRUG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.