Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is less than a year old and I noticed 3 or 4 blisters/bubbles forming along the leading edge of the hood just above the honda emblem. It is original factory paint and there is no stone or other damage in the vicinity. The bubbles that popped are developing rust. I emailed Honda and Im planning on taking it to my dealer. Has anyone else noticed any paint issues with their vehicle? Im shocked that this happened. Ive had cars that were 10-15 years old and never had a paint blister. Im sure they will offer to repaint this area but Im concerned that it will never look like the factory finish.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
My car is less than a year old .... It is original factory paint
Your really don't know this. There are a lot of vehicles that get touched up before selling. Could be from damage during transport, or something that happened at the dealer. This is not disclosed, unless it's major. I would be upset, too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your really don't know this. There are a lot of vehicles that get touched up before selling. Could be from damage during transport, or something that happened at the dealer. This is not disclosed, unless it's major. I would be upset, too.
Yes, Ive done some research now and I can see that it is not uncommon. They did a good job on the paint because I dont see any paint runs and the color and shine match perfectly. However, I did find some orange peel on the underside of the hood, as well as another blister and rust forming there. Ive contacted my dealer and waiting for their response. Im glad to hear that this isn't a defect in the factory paint and likely a result f aftermarket paint work. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Yes, Ive done some research now and I can see that it is not uncommon. They did a good job on the paint because I dont see any paint runs and the color and shine match perfectly. However, I did find some orange peel on the underside of the hood, as well as another blister and rust forming there. Ive contacted my dealer and waiting for their response. Im glad to hear that this isn't a defect in the factory paint and likely a result f aftermarket paint work. Thank you for the info.
I'd drive over and have them look at it - they seem to respond better when seeing the issue - and you can make an appt for repair - (unless like mine, they outsource it - so then i'll go to a diff dealer)

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have the same problem!! We went to the dealer and the Honda rep assessed the vehicle. He was certain the damage was caused by abuse, driving the car on the highway!!!! I have had the car for almost 3 winters. The first winter the vehicle was not driven in bad weather and hardly at all. Winter 2018 and 2019 have not been normal Northeast winters. We have not had much snow or ice. I drive on the route 95 between Newburyport, MA and Kittery, Maine. About 60 miles roundtrip 3-5 days a week. I drive to yoga, not work, so I do not drive when the weather is bad. Some weeks the vehicle may not be driven at all! The highway is treated with a liquid product not sand and salt. We had a body shop guy give us a quote before we met with the Honda rep. $500.00 to repair. No deal! The Honda rep was certain we had driven through sandstorms and abused the vehicle. He attempted every avenue. Pine trees, we have no pine trees in our yard. The vehicle is never parked near a pine tree. He tried to say the vehicle was in an accident. That would be some accident that did not damage the grill or the hood. No dents! Oh, and I think I would be aware of an accident. I am 65 and had many vehicles in my life. Most, I have owned for 10+ years and driven more than 100,000 miles. In fact, we have a 2003 Element that has 330,000 miles and no rust! Really Honda?? Oh, best of all. He blamed it on the government for regulating the paint. So, Honda is using a poor quality paint and their cars are not made to drive on the highway! So, forget about the 3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and the 5 year rust protection warranty. Just a bunch of malarky!
What I really want to know...did Honda help you out? Honor the warranty? Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts