Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 CRV Touring couldn't get start after sitting in the garage for about 1 week; the battery is dead. I couldn't even open the door with the remote key. There are quite a number of USA owners encountered this problem and got it fixed; it is a software update. The reason is the VSA modulator doesn't shut down correctly and go into sleep mode after the car is shut down with the electronic hand brake applied prior to shut down. I went to the dealer in Scarborough yesterday and showed them the Service Bulletin from the US. First the advisor said he never heard of this problem but I insisted him to look for the data base and finally he found the Canadian Service Bulletin. My car's software has been updated in half an hour's time. So all the 2017 CRV new owners, you better check with your dealers to have the software updated. Some US owners said they got the problem when the cars don't moved as short as 2 days. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Was your vehicles serial number on the list of the cars requiring the software update?
I checked and my car does not appear to be one of the problem ones.

Do the experts here trust the list or recommend getting it done anyway?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't check whether the VIN is on the list or not as I got the problem already.
There is no harm to do it as it is the software update only, if the dealer is willing to do it for you.
I guess all cars before the Service Bulletin issued in July 2017 may have this problem.
Another way to avoid this happening is not to apply the electronic hand brake when parking the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks for posting this info. Dealer was going to send me home with a bad battery and 'good luck'. I found this post while waiting and insisted on the update. Satisfy this 'Little Old Woman' treatment seems to have solved the problem. I did have to buy a new battery - shop guy left the crv running. Went straight to Advance Auto and bought a new battery - install included. So, much appreciation for y'all posting this info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Continuum from previous post.
Dealer charged $50 for the update. I will be writing a "letter". The update and the battery should have been compensated in some fashion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts