Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends getting ready to go on a road trip so I'm helping her with an oil change, etc and I just realized her Honda CRV has 102k on it and we don't think the rear diff has ever been done.

Anything I need to know about doing this on 2017? I assume its a pretty straight forward drain and fill like any other SUV.

Does the CRV have a transfer case that needs maintenance also?

How often are you guys doing this stuff? Thanks!

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,171 Posts
The first change should have popped up on the maintenance minder around 15k miles. Around 60k after that. Some change it every 30k. Use only Honda's Dual Pump Fluid 2.
No transfer case to service. I'm able to service it without jacking up the rear of the vehicle but it's a tight fit for some.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,171 Posts
Also if you check the manual other maintenance items are to replace brake fluid at least every 3 yrs and transmission fluid under severe driving conditions at 25k miles. Have your friends been ignoring the MM and not keeping receipts of service?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great video, thanks for posting. While not specifically mentioned, I was always taught to remove the fill plug first, before the drain plug just in case you run into a problem after draining the fluid and the fill plug is stuck shut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts