Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Touring 2017 CRV won't stay running for more than 10 min after start remotely. I follow the instructions to repeat: Lock + Start within the first 10 minutes to extent the time but it will shut down after the first 10 min.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also forgot to mention on my anterior post, that the range of the OEM Remote Start sucks. Sometimes I have to walk to the car within a few feet in order to remote start it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
the OEM starter does suck. It runs for ten mins. and thats it, I think you can re-start it for another ten mins. After that you have to go open and close a door for it to start again

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the 2017 Honda CRV Manual : "To extend the run for another 10 minutes during the first run,press the lock button,then press and hold the start button"

When I tried that I get confirmation ,via lights flashing, but it won't run longer than the original 10 minutes and ,as downloader said ,I need to open a door to try again.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You are misunderstanding how the function works.
It will only extend it 10 minutes *from the last time you pressed the correct key combination*.

In other words, if you remote start the car and it runs for 5 minutes, then you can press the start combination again (Lock, then Start), and it will keep running 10 minutes from the time you execute the command.

If you press the start command and then immediately press it again it is not going to run for 20 minutes - only for 10 minutes from the time you completed the second command.

In order to get close to 20 minutes run time you need to do this:

1) Execute remote start sequence
2) Let it run just under 10 minutes
3) Execute another start sequence

Step 3) will "extend" the run time for another 10 minutes without the car shutting off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank Jepalan for your reply. I thought that I could run the engine remotely for 20 min from the get going. Is very inconvenient for me to do it like that ,because the remote range is so weak that I have to get outside to the parking lot to try again within the first 10 Min. Not impress by Honda

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2017 Touring and have inconsistent results using the remote start. Living in Alaska I can't stand getting in a freezing car. Can someone tell me how long they hold the start button after pressing the lock button? Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the 2017 Touring and have inconsistent results using the remote start. Living in Alaska I can't stand getting in a freezing car. Can someone tell me how long they hold the start button after pressing the lock button? Thanks.
Hold the remote start button for 8-10 seconds.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I just do the remote start sequence. Once it confirms its running i redo it and the clock says "20 min"
What "clock" are you referring to?

·
Registered
704 Posts
My 2017 Touring does not have a "clock" on the key fob showing start time remaining. Nor does it have feedback to the key fob. The only feedback is the car lights flashing.
Here is the 2017 Touring Fob...
2017-Honda-Accord-Hybrid-key-fob.jpg

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Maybe the remote works like it did on my 08 Impala with factory remote start. I think the timer was 15 minutes on it and you could extend it once. You started the car remotely normally and to extend the time, you had to do it again. It didn't add another 15 minutes but it extended whatever time that was left on the initial start to 15 minutes from the time it was reset.

·
Registered
704 Posts
<pictures snipped>
Interesting. I'm jealous.
Did those come with US or Canadian model?
Did they come standard with a Touring?
Or as a dealer installed option?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sorry. I have the Honda remote II system in mine. I just realized you have the factory remote start. My bad
OK - makes sense now. Yes - OP was specifically talking about the factory remote start that comes standard with 2017 Touring (which is what I have also).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts