Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Updates or Solutions to this Problem?

Like everyone else, I too have had this issue multiple times with my 2017 CR-V Touring. I have seen issues while driving in snow and slush and also in a couple of downpours. I have also seen the issue a couple of times in clear weather. I purchased my vehicle in June 2017 and currently have 22000 miles. Has there been any progress in Honda recognizing this is an issue? Or, are they still not recognizing this as a problem?

·
Registered
225 Posts
We have less than 100 miles on our new CR-V. Having just read through this thread I am not sure the multiple error codes issue and related problems have all been solved but it is encouraging to see a definite drop-off in such reports over the past several months.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can you please give me the contact info for the Honda senior vice president? I've been having all sorts of electrical problems & gasoline getting into the crankcase oil. thanks, appreciate your help!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Can you please give me the contact info for the Honda senior vice president? I've been having all sorts of electrical problems & gasoline getting into the crankcase oil. thanks, appreciate your help!
Yeah, people on this forum are close with Bruce. :beerchug:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just purchased a CRV, and disconnected the battery to add an accessory. When the battery was reconnected, I ended up with 10+ system errors. I honestly thought that I messed something up with the vehicle. However, driving it one block cleared all the errors. I am guessing that the vehicle simply needs to read the wheel speed sensors to recalibrate itself.

I suspect that these errors are caused by a low voltage situation, or a faulty signal from one of the wheel sensors.

·
Registered
25 Posts
EVERY ERROR upn startup! Ive had my 2018 Touring for two weeks and all has been well for the most part except slow head unit but all have same issue ... Then after driving 20 miles on a rainy night, i parked for 6 hours and came out and started it.

All kinds of beeps ans warnings immediately for whar appears to be every possible error the car can have! All errors at once! It even said the AWD system was overheating but i just drove slowly and made it home. Eveey kind if brake and automaton error , lane keep assist, TPMS but tires looked fine... The car was just freaking out. Should i disconnect and reconnect battery before taking too dealer? It seems to drive fine just all errors going nuts at once. ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks to the forums here, I did the negative battery terminal disconnect/reconnect and drove around the block a few times and then the error codes cleared.

It seems like I'm hearing a trend that this happens more often to
A) Newer cars? (1000 miles on my 2018 Touring)
B) When it rains? (WTF, I hope not, I live in Seattle!)

Should I take it in to the dealer?

Does HondaLink help with capturing these error codes? I just set up HondaLink...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes see my latest post in this thread from last night... all the errors etc., battery disconnect/reconnect this morning cleared errors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issues for me. Have 6 months old 2017 CRV
Had stopped at median of road to turn right. All of a sudden it stopped, and all errors started showing up one after another. Tried to turn off/on multiple times. No luck.
Called road side to tow to dealer. They kept it for 4 hours. And then called me in the evening saying that it didn't have enough gas, and gave me bill of $88 at Wesley Chapel, FL Honda.

I told them its Honda issue and something need to be done, they are not willing to listen and want the bill paid. I told them I am not paying since this is very common issue.
I filed NHTSA complaint, and will be pursuing lawsuit option.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Same issues for me. Have 6 months old 2017 CRV
Had stopped at median of road to turn right. All of a sudden it stopped, and all errors started showing up one after another. Tried to turn off/on multiple times. No luck.
Called road side to tow to dealer. They kept it for 4 hours. And then called me in the evening saying that it didn't have enough gas, and gave me bill of $88 at Wesley Chapel, FL Honda.

I told them its Honda issue and something need to be done, they are not willing to listen and want the bill paid. I told them I am not paying since this is very common issue.
I filed NHTSA complaint, and will be pursuing lawsuit option.
Could it be that you just ran out of gas? If you did that might have caused multible errors. The dealership had all rights to charge you for labor if you ran out of gas. If you did not run out of gas you should not have to pay $88

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my 2017 CRV display brake failure while driving at highway speeds and then cycle though the failure of a dozen other systems. I did lose most of my braking power and had to call a tow truck. Luckily road was pretty empty, or i would have been in a crash.

Honda better say something on Monday other than "No idea what happened".

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just had my 2017 CRV display brake failure while driving at highway speeds and then cycle though the failure of a dozen other systems. I did lose most of my braking power and had to call a tow truck. Luckily road was pretty empty, or i would have been in a crash.

Honda better say something on Monday other than "No idea what happened".
Be sure to report this to NHTSA please. It's important that these dangerous situations get counted by regulators in addition to Honda.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Canada, but will be reporting this to Transport Canada.

If this isn't something simple like a sensor failing, i'm tempted to lawyer up and try to get Honda to buy this piece of crap back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You either have a failed battery or low battery voltage. Disconnect and reconnect your battery and you will get a insane amount of errors until the vehicle is driven and recalibrates itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
New member here. Below is what happening to my 2017 CRV. We are fed up and wanting to get rid of this car...

Bought the car brand new (now paid off), day 3 of driving the problem warning lights all coming up and disabling the safety features: brake system failure, lane keeping assist problem, collision mitigation system problem, road departure mitigation system problem, and adaptive cruise control problem. Does not matter if you drive city, freeway, using cruise control or not the problem will randomly happen. When you turn off the car, and restart the issues may or may not go away. When it does go away, it will randomly occur again (within same day, a couple days later). Took it back to Honda World with the lights being on and they look at it and did a software install. But, it never corrected the problem.
We are frustrate of bringing it to the dealer and having the same thing happen to us again. We have live with this issues for more than a year now. The car only have 5,000 miles to date as my wife commute was very short.

Recently, we also experience car battery failure if we leave the car for one day without starting it, it will not start the following day. I also begin documenting the failures, I have picture and video.

copyandpastehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qMbUZ2tUNGDF1L8651T-R5HDfqotcgmj?usp=sharing

Felt that the CRV that we bought was a complete disappointment.

I have file with NHTSA and wrote my concern to Honda.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

If all of your warning lights turns on, Honda is aware and a recall is in affect. They call it the N60 recall. If all the warning lights turn back on after the fixted, they will clean the fuel injection valves. If that doesn't do the trick, they will change the fuel injection unit. Honda is cleaning the valves first to see if this is a fixted because changing the full injection unit is a $3k part cost covered by the warranty. Honda is extending a 1 year warranty to motor with unlimited mileage to the N60 recall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone! Looking for advice

So this issue happened to me on my 2017 CRV EXL at about 10000 miles. It was a snowy / slushy / wet day. My dash said All Wheel Drive malfunction. When the car was running at high way speeds about 15 minutes later, it also showed other error codes such as cruise control, lane departure, etc.

The fix that time was the honda dealer replaced the rear diff sensor.

Now at 15,000 miles the same issue happened again. Same warning with AWD and then the same other error codes cycling. Brake light lit up, etc.

I take it to the same dealership. Wait about 2 hours. They come back stating that they need to contact Honda tech services and they need to keep the car another day. They offer me a loaner vehicle and ask me to provide my license, insurance card, and a debit card on file. They call me back an hour later and tell me that a rodent chewed through my wiring harness and it is not covered by warranty and will cost $2600 dollars. I ask how a rodent can chew through wires encased in metal conduit and they said the wires are not in metal conduit, they are just wrapped in plastic. I asked them to send me pictures, he said that I need to have my insurance adjustor come out and see for himself instead of pictures.

Does this sound fishy? I'm not good with cars but the series of events makes me suspicious. If anyone is willing to give me advice on what to say / ask to keep them honest it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi everyone! Looking for advice

So this issue happened to me on my 2017 CRV EXL at about 10000 miles. It was a snowy / slushy / wet day. My dash said All Wheel Drive malfunction. When the car was running at high way speeds about 15 minutes later, it also showed other error codes such as cruise control, lane departure, etc.

The fix that time was the honda dealer replaced the rear diff sensor.

Now at 15,000 miles the same issue happened again. Same warning with AWD and then the same other error codes cycling. Brake light lit up, etc.

I take it to the same dealership. Wait about 2 hours. They come back stating that they need to contact Honda tech services and they need to keep the car another day. They offer me a loaner vehicle and ask me to provide my license, insurance card, and a debit card on file. They call me back an hour later and tell me that a rodent chewed through my wiring harness and it is not covered by warranty and will cost $2600 dollars. I ask how a rodent can chew through wires encased in metal conduit and they said the wires are not in metal conduit, they are just wrapped in plastic. I asked them to send me pictures, he said that I need to have my insurance adjustor come out and see for himself instead of pictures.

Does this sound fishy? I'm not good with cars but the series of events makes me suspicious. If anyone is willing to give me advice on what to say / ask to keep them honest it would be appreciated.
This doesn't belong in this thread, but the issue you are experiencing is not uncommon. Let your insurance deal with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just had a second recurrence of the problem described in the first post. The last time it turned out to be a relay for the braking system the cost $1300 (my CR-V is 2000 miles out of warranty), 2 visits and 3 days to resolve. I will post any outcomes from this current issue.

141 - 160 of 192 Posts