Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I successfully registered by iPhone 7 iOs 10.2 via bluetooth and was able to make calls, send audio, etc. from the phone to the stereo.

I also successfully enabled carplay and got that to work.

The issue is that the crv is now stuck in carplay mode, even if the iPhone is not connected to the car.

My assumption is that if the iPhone is not physically connected via a usb lightning cable, then the car should sync to the iPhone via bluetooth.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

My software rev number on the crv is:

VER.1.F193.03

Is that the latest.

I am also not very happy with the level of tech support available via the dealer. They basically suggested turning the car off and on, which of course I did, to no effect.

They also said I should switch from apple carplay to android auto - but that's not a workable solution. There will be many times that I won't plug the iPhone into the car, and I don't want to have to degeg the carplay settings each and everytime?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you still have the USB cable plugged into the car jack? Unplug everything and press the sync button on the dash for Bluetooth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - the USB cable is not connected - if it were then car play would be active.

What's going on is that when the bluetooth is synced and then carplay is activated, then the car thinks that carplay is active even when the iPhone is not connected to the car.

There is a note on the display that says that bluetooth audio is not available when carplay is active, and that makes sense, since audio would go over the usb cable instead of bluetooth, but perhaps what Honda means by active, is that the feature has been activated.

This would be a serious limitation of the system.

My old pioneer nav system had bluetooth and iPod connectivity, and bluetooth worked whenever the iPhone wasn't connected.

The CRV should use bluetooth if the iPhone isn't physically connected via USB.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I successfully registered by iPhone 7 iOs 10.2 via bluetooth and was able to make calls, send audio, etc. from the phone to the stereo.

The issue is that the crv is now stuck in carplay mode, even if the iPhone is not connected to the car.

My assumption is that if the iPhone is not physically connected via a usb lightning cable, then the car should sync to the iPhone via bluetooth.

VER.1.F193.03

Is that the latest.

I am also not very happy with the level of tech support available via the dealer. They basically suggested turning the car off and on, which of course I did, to no effect.

They also said I should switch from apple carplay to android auto - but that's not a workable solution. There will be many times that I won't plug the iPhone into the car, and I don't want to have to degeg the carplay settings each and everytime?
Hello cslewis2017,

We are with American Honda Customer Service. We are very sorry to hear of your 2017 CR-V Apple CarPlay issue.

Please call our In-Car Technology Support desk at (888)528-7876. A representative will be glad to assist you.

In-Car Technology Support desk
Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST.
Saturdays from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST.

If you are not able to reach a resolution please feel free to reach out to us at any of the available contact options listed below. Thank you.

Thank you,
Daniel R.

Honda Automobile Customer Service
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501

Contact Options:
Twitter: @HondaCustSvc
Facebook: @Honda
Automobile Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-999-1009 opt. 7

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I called the number, and now I have to wait for the registration process to complete. The person on the phone suggested I wait two business days and then call back. Incredible.

·
Registered
548 Posts

VER.1.F193.03

Is that the latest.

That's the oldest firmware version I have seen (and it's also mine firmware version 1.F193.03) I think they are up to 1.F195.80 . How can one upgrade our firmware? Is it possible someone with the latest firmware share it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the oldest firmware version I have seen (and it's also mine firmware version 1.F193.03) I think they are up to 1.F195.80 . How can one upgrade our firmware? Is it possible someone with the latest firmware share it?
That's very interesting. How did you determine what the latest firmware version is? Does Honda advertise that anywhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts