Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, everyone...I am new here in this page...
We have a 2017 model that is turning 2yrs next month...

However, in that span of time, we have replaced the windshield twice due to glass
crack that started as a chip...I am curious if someone else has experienced the same...

We used to have a 2010 model that we drove for 7yrs, we didn't have to replace nor repair
the windshield since even a chip didn't appear even if a rock hit it...We drove in the same road condition
daily with the same driving manner...

Would appreciate insights that could help us with our situation...
Thanks a lot...

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
All I can say is that if you get a glass chip in the future, have it fixed promptly, and that should prevent it from changing to a crack. Most insurance companies offer $0-deductible chip repair, since it saves them money on a later claim.

·
Registered
2017 EX
35 Posts
Our '17 CRV windshield seems to have more than its fair-share of pitting in the glass(18000 miles). Is there different hardness levels of automotive glass? :confused2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
One month after I got my 2017 CRV a rock hit the lower edge just below the windshield wiper. I couldn't see where it hit but within a few days the run started. It is now almost 2 years old and almost the length of the passenger side from bottom to top. Since it doesn't effect my driving I won't change it until I get a fix-it ticket. It is too expensive to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts