Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new CVR EX and all the orange coded malfunction lights lit up the dashboard. I took it into the dealer and they have never seen anything like it. Has anyone had similar issues and how did it get resolved? I know its under warranty, but they said they don't know how to fix it. I don't want a new car that will be having issues like this over the course of it's life. I bought a Honda over other competitors for their reliability and now I am questioning my judgement.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lance

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,879 Posts
Yes, it is happening to several owners including myself. Largest problem is that the fault codes are not being stored so the tech can't determine the cause. When it occurs again and the dealership is open, do not shutoff the vehicle, drive to the dealer. Leave the vehicle running and get the tech to pull the fault codes. This is what I did and they were able to see that the front camera was causing the problem.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry for the trouble you are having on a brand new vehicle. I know it must be frustrating, but keep in mind that all products (cars or otherwise) will have a few that have problems. If this were a systemic problem this forum would be flooded with posts about it. Give your dealer a chance to fix it and feel confident that your vehicle will most likely still be reliable.

Also, there are lots of people on here who want to know about these types of problems, so please post back here and update us with what happens

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this happen once and disconnecting the negative battery post reset everything. I now have 12000 miles and haven't had anymore problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts