Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bridgestone Ecopia 235 60 18 have 5 / 32 tread left at 21000 niles How many miles left. Average driving mostly highway

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Bridgestone Ecopia 235 60 18 have 5 / 32 tread left at 21000 niles How many miles left. Average driving mostly highway
The answer is... it depends.

While you can legally drive on tires until they hit the wearout marks in the tread (which is usually at 2/32), most tire companies and stores recommend changing them at 4/32 if you expect to drive in less then ideal weather conditions.

For me personally, I go with a change out at 4/32 or 5 years (which ever comes first), because beyond that.. the tires just do not provide the expected safe braking distances.

If you decide to change at 4/32... looks like you have another ~ 5k miles left on them.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Others here have complained about poor tread life with those particular tires. Not knowing the tread depth when they were new, and not being able to guess future road conditions, nobody can really guess as to the remaining lifetime of the tires.

It's probably best to just replace them and move on. The improvement in handling and comfort will make it feel like a new CR-V again! Tires rated with a UTQG of 600 or higher will give you a much better lifespan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Others here have complained about poor tread life with those particular tires. Not knowing the tread depth when they were new, and not being able to guess future road conditions, nobody can really guess as to the remaining lifetime of the tires.

It's probably best to just replace them and move on. The improvement in handling and comfort will make it feel like a new CR-V again! Tires rated with a UTQG of 600 or higher will give you a much better lifespan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Billyk79 here
Just replaced at 26018 miles with BF Goodrich Advantage TA Sport LT. Going to put 3000 plus miles trip on up/down I-95 & did not want to take any chance on the Escopia tires. Have 10 miles on the Goodrich. The tires are noisy at 50 to 55 MPH. Not too happy after all the ratings that I reviewed having them at 8 or 9 on a 10 point system for noise.
I was wondering if anyone insulated their CRV against road noise??
Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Just replaced at 26018 miles with BF Goodrich Advantage TA Sport LT.
Isn't "LT" considered a "light truck" tire? I'm not familiar with BFG tires. If so, that could explain why it might be a little noisier than other tires, as I'm pretty sure LT tires were made more for small pickup trucks than for a car-based SUV (our CR-Vs are built on the unibody Civic platform). Relatively speaking, the BFG may be quieter compared to similar LT tires, but comparing to passenger car tires it might be noisier. An apples-to-oranges comparison, in other words.

That is why I hesitated to buy the Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires--they are made for mild off-road use, perfect for my occasional use on the unpaved roads, but I wasn't sure if ride quality and noise would be acceptable for me. I may just bite the bullet one of these years and give them a try before my next road trip out west.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts