Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should Android Auto center display navigation map show green, orange, red of traffic like phone does? What about hazard spot indications? Traffic is checked in menu but not showing useful info on screen. Navigation instructions that show on the screen and voice announcements work ok, when it eventually (2 minutes) understands and shows the route where I want to go. Also had situation of turning on traffic, while already displaying map, really slowed display or even failed the map display, but that does not seem typical lately, but still traffic details never display. MotoX 1st gen, Lollipop 5.1, Republic Wireless (Sprint), California. Thx.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Seems removing all updates to Google Maps (it should re-update after that) and reinstalling Android Auto has worked. However, I have to turn traffic off in menu, then back on to get traffic colors to show on display. Still not sure if system works faster if smartphone is connected before or after car is started. Sometimes the system display stays black for a long time.

UPDATE: Ooops, spoke too soon, could not get Android Auto to show traffic, then after trying to uninstall Map updates and clear Play Services data, and AA data, the center display after clicking on AA did not show anything. Also tried rebooting display. Many tries, but no go. I will try uninstalling AA completely, maybe Maps too, and try again later...too much time is being wasted on getting this to work. I am open to your suggestions for a permanent fix!

Update2: On restarting the next day, traffic worked again, but for the few minutes to get it going. Wish I could feel confident that it will continue to work. And Honda needs to kick up the display speeds for everything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.