Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering adding a powered sub to my 2017 EX-L (6 speaker, no sub, no nav), does anyone have the hookup to know which wires to pick up off the stock head unit? I saw reference to some handy Metra plug-ins, etc. in another thread, but I couldn't figure out if any would work on the 2017 Display Audio system.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
tjbron,
What did you end up doing for the install. I just purchased the 2017 EXL, knowing that the sound system was lacking, and that the Touring system was not enough of an improvement to warrant the extra $3200. I didn't care about any of the additional features. I plan to buy a Kicker lowprofile powered sub this weekend and hoped you have advice on how to install. I would change the door speakers, but I don't want to take the door panels off just yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi vettamann,
In short, I've just lived with it so far ;)
I've been watching Crutchfield for any sort of harness adapter or at least an installation guide. Now at least I know they have had their hands on a 2017, because you can find their "research garage" photos from when they removed the door speakers and head unit. It's like the Curt trailer hitch I'm watching for. The aftermarket folks are just barely working on things now, so it may be a month or three before they have model-specific items out there.

That being said, I'd love to hear what you come across and how you fare! Let me know what specific Kicker that is. I've been looking at this Rockford Fosgate, but it seems like it would be kind of a big box in the cargo area...
As for the other speakers, they seem alright to me so far. The music source seems to be a much bigger deciding factor in sound quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well. A very crazy story happened today. I could not get HD radio to work, went to the dealer. Just so happens that Honda sent an email out this week, and sent new Moroney sp? Stickers out today reflecting that the EXL doesn't have HD radio. As a result, Honda is giving me a few options. I took them up on them taking back the EXL at the full cost I paid, and sold me a touring ar $500 below invoice, plus threw in the all weather floor mats. I couldn't pass this deal up. Basically i got in a touring for around $2k more than I paid for the EXL. I trust no dealer, and probably could have done better, but it definitely felt like a crazy good deal. A touring out the door for barely over msrp of an EXL. I'm not adding a sub now, as it has one. Not a great one but good enough.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I saw your other post. Pretty crazy. I was curious about your sub situation after that, but the Touring does have one. Good thing you didn't already mod your EX-L!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2017 CRV Main unit Wiring Diagram

Hello , I need to know what are the speaker wires in the 2017 CRV main unit so I can connect a Subwoofer. Does any one have a picture or diagram of the main unit from the back?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Funny I have the same car as you and I just bought a set of kicker comprt 10inch. I just did a nvx wire installed today and by the end of the week hopefully will be done. Will come back to update on what I did and how it ended up sounding.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pay the $10 for 1 day of access to the tech site. It's well worth it to avoid messing up your ride or slicing your hand open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts