Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install a foot motion kick sensor ( I am in over my head). During the process, I tried to add a diode to the trigger wire and switch. It didn't work so I flipped the diode which I think might have blown a fuse or triggered something because now the tailgate won't open with the inside or outside button or the FOB. I checked the underhood J fuse that says it powers the tailgate. That doesn't seem to be blown. I also saw a chart that said there is a power tailgate fuse inside the cabin fuse box position A. I not sure if the fuse I found was the correct one but that isn't blown either. Does anyone have any idea of what I should try next?

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,703 Posts
I am trying to install a foot motion kick sensor ( I am in over my head). During the process, I tried to add a diode to the trigger wire and switch. It didn't work so I flipped the diode which I think might have blown a fuse or triggered something because now the tailgate won't open with the inside or outside button or the FOB. I checked the underhood J fuse that says it powers the tailgate. That doesn't seem to be blown. I also saw a chart that said there is a power tailgate fuse inside the cabin fuse box position A. I not sure if the fuse I found was the correct one but that isn't blown either. Does anyone have any idea of what I should try next?
you should try not adding things without the research before hand lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.