Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CRV EXL I've had about 6 weeks. It's doing something that is driving me batty - as soon as I open the driver's side door, it starts emitting a constant, fairly rapid peeping, over and over again, the whole time it's open. It does this whether I am first opening the door, or when I have finished driving and turn off the engine to exit - as soon as the door opens, it's beeping constantly.

I don't think it did this when I first got it. Is there some setting where I can disable this?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Are any of the interior lights set to the "on" position instead of "auto"?
Is there a key-fob left in the car somewhere?
Do you have the auto 'walk-away lock' feature enabled? <- sometimes this gets confused and beeps a warning that it can't auto-lock, try toggling it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are any of the interior lights set to the "on" position instead of "auto"?
Is there a key-fob left in the car somewhere?
Do you have the auto 'walk-away lock' feature enabled? <- sometimes this gets confused and beeps a warning that it can't auto-lock, try toggling it.
Thank you for the response.

1.) Not 100% sure what you mean by interior lights: there are no lights on in the cabin on when I turn the car off - so I presume they are all auto.

2.) No keyfob in the car.

3.) Walkaway lock is enabled. I tried changing it from 30 to 60 seconds but this didn't fix it.

This is exactly what it's doing:

youtube.com/watch?v=wUSMyw5gGWo

·
Registered
704 Posts
It looks to me like your car *thinks* the headlights are on from the first frame of your video (see pic & red circle).
Is that green indicator really lit, or is that an optical illusion? Not sure what might be wrong. Check all fuses, and/or take to dealer.

beep.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, eagle eyes :) that's exactly what it was. I thought it was on Auto, but it totally wasn't. I switched it to auto and the beeping has stopped.

Thanks again! Very pleased.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a CRV EXL I've had about 6 weeks. It's doing something that is driving me batty - as soon as I open the driver's side door, it starts emitting a constant, fairly rapid peeping, over and over again, the whole time it's open. It does this whether I am first opening the door, or when I have finished driving and turn off the engine to exit - as soon as the door opens, it's beeping constantly.

I don't think it did this when I first got it. Is there some setting where I can disable this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just bought a 2015 cr-v ex-l and have this same problem, but the it doesn't matter what the headlights are set to. No interior lights on either. Any other things to look for/fix?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts