Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. A very crazy story happened today. I could not get HD radio to work, went to the dealer. Just so happens that Honda sent an email out to dealers this week, that they made an error on the brochures, website delete info etc, and the EXL does not have HD radio. The dealer had just received the new Monroney today reflecting that the EXL doesn't have HD radio. As a result, Honda gave me three options. They have set up a Honda hotline to call and Honda would offer me something but they didn't know what, a new stereo is out of the question though. I could just give them the CRV back but they already sold my trade in. The 3rd option was they would take the exl back at full price, and sell me a Touring at $500 below INVOICE, plus threw in the all weather floor mats. I couldn't pass this deal up. I trust no dealer, and probably could have done even better which I can't wait to see what some of you get out of this, but it definitely felt like a crazy good deal. A touring out the door for barely over msrp of an EXL. They also cut my finance rate by .25%. For reference, I had originally negotiated the EXL down to $300 over invoice, so with the floor mats, it was around a $1000 better deal. Go to your dealer, you WILL GET SOMETHING as a result of Honda's screw up. I can't guarantee you'll get the same deal I did. I promised the dealer I would not share their name. I am in Chicagoland though. Good luck. Love this forum by the way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The 3rd option was they would take the exl back at full price, and sell me a Touring at $500 below INVOICE, plus threw in the all weather floor mats.
Wow, I did not see that coming. Nice work! I wonder why not just an EX-L with nav, as that does have the HD Radio. My dealer has not been motivated to offer me anything so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So the above attempts did not work. Super sorry about that. I'll just post my PM publicly with some info removed.

I saw your post about the EXL HD Radio. I just purchased our EXL 2 weeks ago from a Chicagoland dealer as well. Did you speak with your salesman/salesmanager/service department about the issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to our salesman. He then went to the sales manager who had just received the new Manroneys yesterday. He was very helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the hotline number? I called my dealer today and they acted oblivious to the issue and claimed they'd check into it. Lie much?!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
What is the hotline number? I called my dealer today and they acted oblivious to the issue and claimed they'd check into it. Lie much?!!!
as with all dealers, persistence and patience is the key. you could probably talk to another person at the same dealership and they'll give you a whole nother answer, depending on how high up the 'totem pole' they are. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
The deal you got seems like a case of being in the right place at the right time. I suspect the odds of other dealers doing something similar at this point is quite low.

At first there was a lot of confusion at dealers and at Honda about this (which was detailed in the other thread) but it seems like everyone is on the same page now. It was a misprint. If HD Radio is important, the EX-L Navi or Touring is the only way to get it.
I don't know if there's a dedicated hotline about the HD issue or not but calling the main Honda Customer Service number is where I ultimately was able to get a resolution. I still don't have HD Radio, but I am satisfied with the solution that Honda and I arrived at.

The customer service number is 800-999-1099.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just picked up my EX-L last Thursday and have only 20 miles on it. I didn't even notice this yet. I really don't care much about the HD radio, but if they would like to add the lighted door sill covers and the rear hatch scuff guards I'd be happy. Already have the hood and sunroof deflectors, rubber mats, cargo tray, mud flaps, and rear bumper protector.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The deal you got seems like a case of being in the right place at the right time. I suspect the odds of other dealers doing something similar at this point is quite low.

At first there was a lot of confusion at dealers and at Honda about this (which was detailed in the other thread) but it seems like everyone is on the same page now. It was a misprint. If HD Radio is important, the EX-L Navi or Touring is the only way to get it.
I don't know if there's a dedicated hotline about the HD issue or not but calling the main Honda Customer Service number is where I ultimately was able to get a resolution. I still don't have HD Radio, but I am satisfied with the solution that Honda and I arrived at.

The customer service number is 800-999-1099.
The correct number is 1-800-999-1009. The number above I called and got a survey for vacations and a free Caribbean cruise, lol. Which I declined. Also a free life alert system.

·
Registered
310 Posts
HD radio quality is better than XM and certainly blows away FM. HD if free content, provides artist and song and is local. Plus HD stations generally broadcast extra subchannels for more choice.

For example, in Austin, there are at least 14 HD channels that simulcast their FM broadcast. Without the HD radio, you don't get the high bitrate HD broadcast (similar in quality to CDs) OR more than 14 additional, HD-only subchannels, which offer specialized formats such as more focused rock, jazz, dance or spanish broadcasts. On the radio, the first HD channel for a frequency is HD-1 followed by HD-2 and sometimes HD-3 and HD-4.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts