Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 60k on my cr v and Honda is saying the fuel injectors need to be replaced and they want to charge $1,700 for this service. Looking at what the parts cost compared to labor it's ridiculous. Can anyone give me insight to a video for changing them myself or a Hanes Manual to purchase? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,580 Posts
You should first subscribe to Honda Service Express for a day, $10, and download the procedures for replacing the injectors. That said, any servicing of the fuel system on a direct injection system is not something the do it yourselfer should be messing with. DI fuel systems are at extremely high pressures, 2000 psi and higher. Messing up here can result in personal injury, or fire.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Is the car running bad? Any warning lights/messages on the instrument panel?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have 60k on my cr v and Honda is saying the fuel injectors need to be replaced and they want to charge $1,700 for this service. Looking at what the parts cost compared to labor it's ridiculous. Can anyone give me insight to a video for changing them myself or a Hanes Manual to purchase? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
What reason did they give?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What did you do here? My dealer wanted 900, but I protested and asked for Honda to take car of the service. Depending on state it should be covered under the powertrain warranty for 6/60. In my case I have a 6/Unlimited because my car had oil issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.