Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get floor mats yet?

I'm likely getting Weathertech once they come out, bit I'm interested in what other people are going to get and if they have anything yet.

I've heard from a part guy that the Honda OEM molded mats are really good. Any comments on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
7,630 Posts
We have Honda's molded mats in our '07 Fit. The kit came with F&R mats and all the hardware & clips to hold them in place.

Seven years in, the driver's mat is showing signs of wear. Also, it didn't wrap up the sides as the Weathertechs do. But, this is easy to evaluate visually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been cyber-stalking the Weather Tech site waiting for the 17 crv mats to become available... Considering my ivory interior, I really don't want black mats. So far that's all I've found. :/

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm trying to decide on the Husky Weatherbeaters vs the Weathertechs... lot of people think the weatherbeater's coverage is better, especially under the pedals. but... can't find a good, definitive comparison review.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would not recommend Husky, I bought Husky all season floor mats for 2016 Honda accord and they are the works quality I bought ever, they bend inwards and there is no way I can contact customer support and no response to multiple emails.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Just popped in a pair of Weathtech lazer cut front floor mats.
Wow ! what a fit...perfect. I think they also made some adjustments to the material...it seemed a bit less stiff, more flexible, compared to the Weathertech mats in my '12 V I bought a couple of years ago.
They are awesome and at just over $100 bucks I felt it was a good value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Up here in Canada, the Black High Wall All Season Floor Mats, that Honda Canada claims are made for them by Weathertech, are useless - at least the driver side front mats are less-than-useless! The driver's side mats have two distinct corner notches cut out of them - under the gas pedal and around the left foot rest platform, exposing the basic fabric carpeting to the worst of salt and moisture that will accumulate. From looking at US Acessories pages, I don't believe US mats are any better; I may be wrong.

Only the genuine Weathertech driver's side mats are fully HIGH Wall! Cost me a further Cdn$159 for the front set only, but at least now I'm functionally set for the real slop/crud!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ive always had weathertech in our other cars but on our 17 crv i went with the black oem (not the blue)
They seem to be pretty comfy.

The higher walls dont mean much to me sometimes they get wet in snow but never enough to overflow.
The main doff is cleaning.
At car washes the weathertechs are like a slicker plastic and they can hose and wipe, honda is more floppy and textured so sometimes those stains dont get out and depending on footwear you’ll get some heel grove

Honestly for the amount of use they get its the best $ you can spent regardless. I only keep the oem floor mats for when i trade in our cars lol

I have stacks of weathertechs in basement from past cars. Need to post on let go 😂

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased the Honda OEM black all weather mats and the Honda Cargo liner. Both are reasonable and offer better protection than the carpet mats but I wish Honda would have added protection behind the driver side pedals on their mats.

Floor mats cost $110 shipped and the cargo mat was $69 shipped. Hard to justify the Weathertech mats based on these prices but the cargo mat does feel unusually flimsy. I'm sure they will do the job just fine and keep the car looking nice for years to come.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got the Honda ones (with the light blue "embossed"(?) writing on them) when I got my '17 Touring two months ago. It was just easier to do there at the dealership when I bought the car. I am completely satisfied with them. They fit correctly. They are rigid up the sides, attach to the attach points correctly, can't ask for much more. I noted the comment above from the poster in Canada. He certainly has different issues up there than I have in south Texas, but in my part of the country these work quite well. We'd pass out if we had snow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts