Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also installed the Tuft Protect Screen protector (matte) and have used it for a few weeks. I have no complaints and would recommend it.

Installation can be tricky if you want to eliminate dust spots. The protector covers the entire screen, including the empty space above the power knob, so you do need to align it "just right."

I wiped down the screen with a alcohol pad and dried it with a microfiber cloth. Then, I used a can of compressed air to get rid of dust while I applied it. It might be easier as a two person job. In the end, my install was near perfect with only a tiny bubble on the very top edge that won't seem to go away (I probably have the alignment slightly off).

Also, Tuft Protect's customer service is very very good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, the volume knob is easy to remove. Just pull it straight out firmly. Line up the flat parts of the shaft and knob to reinstall. I did it once just for practice in case I decided to get a screen protector.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I bought the Tough Protect product (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSD45ET/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_HC5v7yfNnM15L). It's OK, but not great. With the edges aligned, the volume knob hole is slightly off center, which while not super noticeable, still bugs me. Also, the cover extends near the edges of the screen surface, which is usually a good thing. However the screen apparently has a very slight curvature/bevel near the edges and the protector does not follow the curve. This leaves a small perimeter of unadhered film around the edge, which kind of bugs me too.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got it today and installed it. It was a difficult install due to the large screen and lint all over the place. The screen protector is a near perfect cut. touch screen works fine. only thing bugging me more is the two spots where i know lint was there after the install, minor detail but when the screen is dusty...you don't notice it as much.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got it today and installed it. It was a difficult install due to the large screen and lint all over the place. The screen protector is a near perfect cut. touch screen works fine. only thing bugging me more is the two spots where i know lint was there after the install, minor detail but when the screen is dusty...you don't notice it as much.
You should have wiped the screen with little bit of rubbing alcohol using microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tips for a lint/dust-free installation:

Wipe down all surfaces before installation. Wipe the screen with an alcohol wipe and dry with a microfiber towel. Use a can of compressed air to move dust away.

I managed to get a dust free installation with these tips, although it would be easier with two people (one to use the compressed air while the other installs the protector.

Good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N10HPYC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The first installation attempt was a failure, but that's my fault, I'm a klutz with gluing things down precisely. The second time, performed by my very careful, methodical wife, went fine. The volume knob is a bit off-center, but that doesn't bother me at all.
Thanks, Zando and Mnor. I just bought 1 already. It is great. I enjoy this informative site tremendously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts