Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2459 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, Moderator edits follow.

Please put model of CRV, (LX, EX, EXL, Touring)

Whether or not you opted for Nav on EXL

FWD/AWD and price you paid before any trade in is accounted for.

List dealer installed accessories separately.

Also keep Taxes title and fees separate.

List dealer, City, State where purchased

Picture of your new ride is encouraged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i paid 31,300 for my touring...
Was that AWD or FWD touring?

The only way people may compare prices paid is to list the Base price of the CR-V w/o options, w/o trade-in, w/o doc fees and w/o taxes. Always include the trim and FWD or AWD.

Posting the OTD (out the door price) will not truly help people. Doc fess and taxes vary even within one state. For example, my sales tax on new vehicle purchase will 8.25%.

Eventually, truecar.com will have some useful data on prices paid.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i paid 31,300 for my touring...
Nice! Need details... I would assume 2wd, please confirm, do you work for or have a family member that works for a dealer? What dealer did you buy from? $2k would buy a 1-way plane ticket to just about anywhere from Memphis.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice! Need details... I would assume 2wd, please confirm, do you work for or have a family member that works for a dealer? What dealer did you buy from? $2k would buy a 1-way plane ticket to just about anywhere from Memphis.
my dad worked for the dealer for 20 years.. lol.. thats $300 over invoice... fwd.. got a pro pack too..

really crvs have the smallest margin of any honda.. even full retail is not bad at all.. the touring does has a little more room then the exl..when i bought my 2014 LX directly for my dad.. i paid the sale price that everyone pays.. most people are going to pay full retail if you want it right now... you might wait 6 months and save some money but its not much.. and by then if you are trading in a car its going to be worth less too.. always consider that.. i have $500.. my car drops $800 in value.. might as well get it now... also rates are going up.... you cant get the 0.9% rate on the 2017 crv... they got 1.9% through capital one.. thats another way i save money knowing someone.. they get me the best rate with no mark up... in 6 month if rates are up 0.5% its going to cost you.. paying full retail now... with a better trade in value... and better rate might save you more then waiting 6 month to see if you can get it $500 cheaper.. there also the im the only one driving this one right now factor.. making follow crv jealous.. lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I paid MSRP minus almost $1900 from the local dealer. Touring with AWD. No other extras. No financing. No trade. I was happy when they provided the discount but I would have paid full MSRP knowing that the vehicle is new and would be in high demand. If I was concerned I would have opted for the 2016 as there are plenty still on dealer lots and I suspect very good deals could be had.

The biggest surprize for me was that I sent pricing inquires to about a dozen Dealers but only heard back from four. Extremely, poor sales follow-up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I paid MSRP minus almost $1900 from the local dealer. Touring with AWD. No other extras. No financing. No trade. I was happy when they provided the discount but I would have paid full MSRP knowing that the vehicle is new and would be in high demand. If I was concerned I would have opted for the 2016 as there are plenty still on dealer lots and I suspect very good deals could be had.

The biggest surprize for me was that I sent pricing inquires to about a dozen Dealers but only heard back from four. Extremely, poor sales follow-up.
would it be ok to tell which dealer you got it from ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even better.. can you provide us a copy of the invoice?

Most dealerships will play the

"if you can show us proof, we'll beat any price."

"anyone can quote any price online"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Miko - thank you so much for back hand comment that I am lying. I have nothing constructive to share with you.

Too the rest of the group. I appreciate your request to know the name of the dealer and to have a copy of the invoice. I really do not wish to do either. If you were close friends I might consider otherwise but my experience from other forums has taught me to keep the information to myself. That aside it would not be very difficult for some to search my city and find out whom the dealers are local to me.

I guess you each need to decide if this discount makes sense for your negotiations. It is worth as much as you paid for it. The thread was asking for pricing information and I initially hesitated to post but gave it a shot. Maybe I should have kept it to myself. Mistake learned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the following in Hagerstown, MD today.

EX-L (non-NAV)
Sandstorm Metallic

Sticker (Honda website MSRP +900 dest) - $500 loyalty - $500 (military from Honda financing) = Essentially 31k
Fair trade in given.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Miko - thank you so much for back hand comment that I am lying. I have nothing constructive to share with you.

Too the rest of the group. I appreciate your request to know the name of the dealer and to have a copy of the invoice. I really do not wish to do either. If you were close friends I might consider otherwise but my experience from other forums has taught me to keep the information to myself. That aside it would not be very difficult for some to search my city and find out whom the dealers are local to me.

I guess you each need to decide if this discount makes sense for your negotiations. It is worth as much as you paid for it. The thread was asking for pricing information and I initially hesitated to post but gave it a shot. Maybe I should have kept it to myself. Mistake learned.
There are probably several reasons for your discount [connection, time of month, bonus, location, etc.] so might be replicated to same extent or less/more.

Agree not best to share too many details online.

What matters is that you shared price of a newly released vehicle. Much Thanks.

Pls do follow up on your impressions of CRV as put more mileage and in winter conditions.

1 - 20 of 2459 Posts