Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 2459 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just purchased a Gunmetal Metallic Touring with no dealer add-ons for $32,000 plus doc fee and title fee of $285 from a dealer in Mississippi. Financed it through my local credit union.

They gave me what I asked for on my trade-in, too. I got NADA "average" trade in value, which we felt was reasonable.

I think we got a sweet deal and could not be happier!

Biggest surprise so far - how awesome the auto dimming headlights are! Definitely wasn't expecting that feature to be so cool.

Big shout out to Gezzuzz for the information posted on this forum. You were right that the dealer would take around $32,500 - I took a shot at $32,000 and they bit! So, thanks, Gezzuzz!

·
Registered
33 Posts
MSRP + doc fee here in Frankfort, KY for my Basque Red Pearl II Touring. They did knock off the dealer options they had added (all weather floor mats, paint protection, etc). But I'm still happy - I feel like it is worth it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Went to our local dealer yesterday to try and purchase a 2017 Touring AWD. Best they would do was a $1000 discount off of MSRP. I see others here have had much better luck already.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think this is great advice. Next week being after Christmas, end of month, end of quarter and also end of year may be the best time to negotiate.
Also, consider local taxes and how they are calculated. I live in the country and the county I live in calculates taxes differently than in many places. Our cars are taxed by the county based on what is owned on January 1st of each year. If you buy a vehicle just before the new year, you will pay hundreds of taxes on the vehicle that you would not pay if you bought it after the first of the year. The dealer is taxed on what is on their lot on the 1st. Price it both ways and see what works best for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just purchased a Gunmetal Metallic Touring with no dealer add-ons for $32,000 plus doc fee and title fee of $285 from a dealer in Mississippi. Financed it through my local credit union.

They gave me what I asked for on my trade-in, too. I got NADA "average" trade in value, which we felt was reasonable.

I think we got a sweet deal and could not be happier!

Biggest surprise so far - how awesome the auto dimming headlights are! Definitely wasn't expecting that feature to be so cool.

Big shout out to Gezzuzz for the information posted on this forum. You were right that the dealer would take around $32,500 - I took a shot at $32,000 and they bit! So, thanks, Gezzuzz!
glad i could help.. touring looks so good.. you almost have to get it.. extra 2k on a $30k car is not much

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got the following in Hagerstown, MD today.

EX-L (non-NAV)
Sandstorm Metallic

Sticker (Honda website MSRP +900 dest) - $500 loyalty - $500 (military from Honda financing) = Essentially 31k
Fair trade in given.
WAIT... what loyalty discount?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good morning. I traded in my 16 Toyota SR5 Premium 4Runner for a 17' Touring last night. I think I did ok considering my trade in was $2100 in negative equity. Walked out with a Crystal Black Pearl w/ Black interior, mud guards, all weather cargo mat, wheel locks, tinted front windows and with the negative trade OTD at $34.5.

I basically paid MSRP, but I wanted out of the 4Runner. My true dollar savings will be in the MPG return with new CRV.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good morning. I traded in my 16 Toyota SR5 Premium 4Runner for a 17' Touring last night. I think I did ok considering my trade in was $2100 in negative equity. Walked out with a Crystal Black Pearl w/ Black interior, mud guards, all weather cargo mat, wheel locks, tinted front windows and with the negative trade OTD at $34.5.

I basically paid MSRP, but I wanted out of the 4Runner. My true dollar savings will be in the MPG return with new CRV.
$34.5 seems very low, would you mind breaking down the numbers for us. MSRP is $33,295 so does that mean you paid MSRP + $1,205 in add-ons (or against your $2,100 in negative equity) for the vehicle? Would really appreciate seeing more detail.

In our area, the dealers are selling at MSRP but they are adding in additional dealer markup in the form of accessories and doc fees. The accessories are worth about $40 but charge $400. I am seeing out the door pricing for the Touring model of $37,000 including GA sales tax of 7%, which means they are charging $34,600 for the vehicle (about $1400 over MSRP).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, 2WD 2017 Touring. So, SC doesn't charge sales tax on vehicles other than trucks...I believe. Here is the breakdown of my purchase last night:

Negotiated Price of Vehicle: 32,805.00
Closing Fee: 399.00
Tag Transfer: 25.00
Trade Allowance: XXXXX 1,200 (trade in balance carry over)

OTD: $34,429.00

The dealership listed their security package at $1952.00 (mud flaps, wheel locks, cargo mat, front windows tinted...hopefully more, they don't break down the list)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased a sandstorm metallic 2017 Honda CR-V Touring AWD yesterday. Paid MSRP, dealer wouldn't budge on the price or the loan interest rate. Got loan from credit union instead.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Purchased a sandstorm metallic 2017 Honda CR-V Touring AWD yesterday. Paid MSRP, dealer wouldn't budge on the price or the loan interest rate. Got loan from credit union instead.
They don't budge if they know you are going to buy it anyways.

That's why they try to have you nail down on a car first so you'll want it.

Don't believe me? Just say someone offered $100 less and try to walk off the lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This afternoon I received an offer of $32,695 for the 2017 CR-V AWD Touring which INCLUDES the $900 "Destination and Handling" fee and they're willing to throw in Lojack (I've heard of it and it's been around for a good number of years but never had it on my previous 3 Hondas and my current GM's have OnStar - so don't know if it's a worthwhile addition). There are no other fees, tax or tags contained in this number. I initially offered $32,100.

Before I decide to pull the trigger I'll have to test drive it to my satisfaction. I think we can potentially do a little better but won't push too hard. I'll need to wait until they get one in that have a color of choice other than what's on their lot.

I have found smaller dealers are less able / willing to negotiate too much off MSRP whereas larger dealers or those belonging to a family of dealerships appear to have a little more leeway to make a deal.

I followed the guidance I originally posted in this thread yesterday:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/137-2017-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-5/126313-honda-2017-cr-v-discounts-post845625.html#post845625

It seems to be working...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just purchased a '17 EX in molten lava pearl for 895 off MSRP with a decent trade on my car. A little less than what I hoped for but I live in the NE and I have an '07 crv 2wd that I purchased in the south, not a big market here for 2wd crv's. All in all, I think I did decently well, the lower trims seem harder to negotiate with, most are saying they paid MSRP. I bought the pro pack 1, too. No $ off that unfortunately.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Spent more time at our local dealer and on the phone with other dealers. My wife and I took a step back and looked at the 2WD EX model and are trying to decide if the 2WD Touring trim level is worth the extra $6,000. We like the leather interior but could be happy with cloth interior. The cloth interior on our 12+ yr old CR-V has held up well.

We have been offered $36,000 for the 2WD Touring OTD which include 7% tax. In other words, they dealer is asking for MSRP + $375 for tax, title, and doc fees. So far that's the best offer so far for a 2WD Touring. For the EX 2WD model, their offer is $29,800 which is MSRP+7% tax+$375 for tax, title, and doc fees.

In general, no real discounts but at least we are seeing something close to MSRP instead of $1,500 over MSRP.

·
Registered
730 Posts
This afternoon I received an offer of $32,695 for the 2017 CR-V AWD Touring which INCLUDES the $900 "Destination and Handling" fee
That's $600 off, which is good, as long as the dealer doesn't add back other fees.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's $600 off, which is good, as long as the dealer doesn't add back other fees.
If I take it at $32695, we will need to add $599 documentation fee, tax, titling and any dealer added accessories and ones that I'd like to add. At this point, we're looking at a little less than $35k OTD. With accessories probably another $2k (heated steering wheel, sunroof visor, etc.). It's all coming together over the past week, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They don't budge if they know you are going to buy it anyways.

That's why they try to have you nail down on a car first so you'll want it.

Don't believe me? Just say someone offered $100 less and try to walk off the lot.
Does this work in different markets? I'm in San Francisco, California. I checked true cars for my area and it says that the average paid price is $34,754 which is a bit above MSRP. Is this a picture of high demand in my area?

21 - 40 of 2459 Posts