Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car tinted and for those that wanted to know what the meter read on the privacy glass windows, it was 24. I installed Llumar CTX 35 for the front and passenger driver windows and decided to go with the Llumar AIR 80 BL clear for the privacy glass side and rear windows. My concern were tint laws in my state and visibility at night. 35 +/- 6 for the fronts and the rears you can go as dark as you want. I didn't see the meter but the installer told me the rear tints went down to 20 when I came to pick up the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Our CR-V came with dealer-added tinted windows, and I find the driver's window too dark at night. Can it be removed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our CR-V came with dealer-added tinted windows, and I find the driver's window too dark at night. Can it be removed?
I know my dealer was trying to sell tint as an addon which was Llumar brand so in your case I'm pretty sure the dealer-added-tint they use are a film and can be removed. I would go to a reputable tint shop and have them take a look. Ask them to meter your tint to see what it dropped down to. If I went with the Llumar CTX 35 for my rear windows it would have dropped it from stock 24 to about 5-8%. the meter will tell you VLT, visible light transmission meaning how much light the tint is allowing to enter your car. Not sure what is legal in your state for the front windows, you should check.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Steam works well for removing tint films. The pros have a special steamer. I've used a clothes iron and the steam boost button. Use a razor to get an edge started and pull off the film while getting as much steam as you can between the window and the film. Pull slow. If adhesive is left behind it can be scraped with a razor. One problem you may run into is that the film probably goes under the door panels and you'll need to remove the door panel to pull the tint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts