Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Honda CRV car alarm goes off for no apparent reason.
Has anyone else had this problem ?

Everything in Moderation

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
No aftermarket alarm. The Alarm System in my CRV is straight from the factory that came in the touring model of my 2017 CRV.
Honda says they think the problem may be in the keyless push button start.
They ordered the part which is on backorder.
Has anyone else had a problem with
the keyless start system ?

Registered
No aftermarket alarm. The Alarm System in my CRV is straight from the factory that came in the touring model of my 2017 CRV.
Honda says they think the problem may be in the keyless push button start.
They ordered the part which is on backorder.
Has anyone else had a problem with
the keyless start system ?
Ask for the part number they ordered and call another local dealer to confirm its on backorder.

Registered
My 2017 Honda CRV car alarm goes off for no apparent reason.
Has anyone else had this problem ?
I have just started to have the problem and it is random, not related to an alarm or panic button being depressed. Only goes off if key does not remain in the car. So I have car unlocked and key in the car now :(
Will bring into dealer when I can as I live over 70 min away from any Honda dealer. Just wondering, before I go, if you figured out your issue and if it was related to the FOB or the electrical system in the car.
thanks

Registered
I have just started to have the problem and it is random, not related to an alarm or panic button being depressed. Only goes off if key does not remain in the car. So I have car unlocked and key in the car now :(
Will bring into dealer when I can as I live over 70 min away from any Honda dealer. Just wondering, before I go, if you figured out your issue and if it was related to the FOB or the electrical system in the car.
thanks
As an interim measure I'd pull the 10A horn fuse. It's #24 in underhood fuse box. That way you can keep the car locked.

Registered
As an interim measure I'd pull the 10A horn fuse. It's #24 in underhood fuse box. That way you can keep the car locked.
I have a 2009 CRV, the alarm is going off randomly, started in the fall only in my driveway. Stopped for the last two months and now starting up again, but
anywhere today. I have checked all doors, back hatch, and also the hood, greased since that what Honda said to do. Made sure the battery was good, that the door locks were all working correctly. Yesterday I had the police here since it went over after midnight.

I am trying to take the battery out of the key fob since Honda said it might be that. They have NO idea except take it back to the dealer. I talked with a service mechanic and he stated that they will only watch it to see when it happens and try different ideas..
I NEED assistance. DO ANY one have ideas, I need sleep since i have to turn off the alarm, I did disconnect the battery but that means redoing the code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts