Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was backing out the other day and the passenger side mirror clipped my trash bin. The mirror is loose and wiggles now. The bottom cover came off so I checked and there are some plastic cracks on the arm (pictures attached). Is this something easy where I can just buy the side mirror arm and fix it myself? I noticed there are three screws for the mirror part attached to the arm so I was wondering if I can just replaced that part or do I have to replace the whole thing? Lastly how much would I expect to pay if I took this into the dealership to fix?

Thanks

Attachments

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
There are youtube videos on how to take it apart, either completely or just the cap.
You need a whole base but your painted cap seems to be in good shape.
I'd check ebay for a base with any color cap then swap yours onto it.

Of course the base is the pricer part

i would never pay oem prices for that , definitely find one online

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are youtube videos on how to take it apart, either completely or just the cap.
You need a whole base but your painted cap seems to be in good shape.
I'd check ebay for a base with any color cap then swap yours onto it.

Of course the base is the pricer part

i would never pay oem prices for that , definitely find one online
Thanks. Yea I was thinking I would just need the base since the mirror and cap itself is fine but do you know if they sell that individually? I tried searching on youtube but I haven't came across a video where the mirror/cap itself is detached from the base and I don't know I can just replace the base part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.